Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My tax return is still pending, should i get worried after 4 days?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

57 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Your pending return means it is on its way to the IRS. At this point, they have neither accepted or rejected your return. There are exceptions to the 48 hr. timeframe. Please refer to the following page to learn more about the pending process. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4193097

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Any updates mine is still pending to
dam1t

Yes, my taxes were finally reject it last night. I thought  tax preparer used turbo yet they used H&R Block. Due to new tax laws H&R Block has been rejecting e-filers to abide by the tax rules and regulations. My rejection was not a fault of my own, but because H&R Block wants to follow the new rules in place for e-filing this year,They are going through each e-file request to make sure they are correct. All of the popular tax software’s are having issues this year because of the new tax laws. I have re-sent my tax returns to text USAA and I was approved in five minutes. Good luck exclamation exclamation exclamation!!!
dam1t

TaxUSA approved my taxes in 5 minutes.

Its been six days saying pending how long will i know irs has got it or not

@Preston8470 Read this

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Hi. How exactly did you send your taxes to USAA after filing through H&R Block?

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

No, you should not be worried. Pending just means your e-filed return is on its way and that the government hasn't accepted or rejected it yet. Please see this Turbotax FAQ for more information, https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

I filed mine in the 27th and they still say pending? 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Pending doesn't mean something is wrong with your return, it is just transmitting to the IRS.  Please see below for an FAQ concerning pending returns:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

I filled my return on jan 31st then came back on feb 6th submitted my state return efiled and today of feb 10th still no email saying rejected or accepted when I login my turbotax account says pending i called the state they said turbotax software issues so how can this be resolved 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

There are no documented TurboTax software issues that would increase your tax return's pending time. 

It's not uncommon for state e-filed returns to remain in pending status for several days longer than federal returns.  We suggest checking back in a few days, as your return will eventually move through the queue.

Reference:  Why is my state e-file still pending? - Community

What are the exceptions to that 48hr window? Good job explaining that part. And that link that you posted literally is no help. It just says stay calm and check back later. Thanks for the info that I already knew.

Pending just means your e-filed return is on its way and that the government hasn't accepted or rejected it yet.

What do you mean it's on the way? It was efiled. Efiled means it's sent electronically to the IRS. They have it somewhere... So there is no "it's on it's way". It's already there.

How long  does it take to be approved? 48hrs? Why would it not be accepted within 48hrs? What are the EXCEPTIONS?????????????????????????????

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies