turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rjohnstn

Taxes Filed but Payment Not Made

My return was e-filed and accepted.  I owed money but after ten days it has not been deducted from my account.  What's going on?  This has never happened before.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies
Luca_P
Returning Member

I have the same problem. My federal tax return was accepted on March 26th, 2021, the withdrawal date was supposed to be April 1st, 2021. Today (April 12th, 2021) still nothing was withdrawn from my account.

The bank account number is correct because State tax has been withdrawn on April 2nd, 2021. 

I called EFTPS (IRS e-file Payment Services) they said they have nothing in their system... I don't know what is going on. 

1kewlcat

same thing with me.  what gives?  the state accepted and withdrew what i owed them.

PattiF
Expert Alumni

Here is a TurboTax Help article about this situation. There is nothing to worry about. The IRS is concentrating on issuing refunds at this time.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Luca_P
Returning Member

The article doesn't say what to do after 10 days and after IRS e-file Payment Services says they do not have anything in their system even if the federal return has been accepted. Should I wait more than 10 days? Why IRS e-file Payment Services cannot find the federal return I submitted with TurboTax? 

PattiF
Expert Alumni

Yes, you should wait more than 10 days. The IRS is a little overwhelmed and shorthanded due to the tax law changes. They will withdraw the money. Sorry that there is no better information than to be patient.

I'm glad I found this post. I'm in the same boat. Been scrambling all morning to avoid penalties. Turbo Tax said not to worry about it and they will take it in a few days but I don't necessarily trust them. 

@Nkashani10 wrote:

I'm glad I found this post. I'm in the same boat. Been scrambling all morning to avoid penalties. Turbo Tax said not to worry about it and they will take it in a few days but I don't necessarily trust them. 

Federal taxes are not due until May 17, 2021

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-extends-additional-tax-deadlines-for-individuals-to-may-17

Hi, how are you? I have a problem with my tax deposit. I made my declaration on 02/22/2021 and as of today the feds were not deposited, worrying, I decided to review what I had sent and I realized that there was an error and I made an amendment that gave a debt. The IRS took the debt from my account but I still haven't deposited my taxes, what should I do?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

I think you mean you were due a refund on your original tax return that was filed but you have not received it. You then amended the return and ended up owing taxes, so you paid the balance due. So now you don't know what will happen to the refund you never received.

If so, you just need to wait, as the IRS should send you the refund amount. It is probably just being held up, maybe because of the issue with your tax return needing to be amended.

Yes, thats my situation. So I just need to wait for my hole taxes right?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Yes. Also, I am assuming when you completed the amended return you factored in the refund that you should have received. So, the payment you made included the refund amount, so you are due that back. If not, then you may not receive the refund or you may receive it and then have to pay it back.

May 18. This is of concern as well. The Turbotax program says "when would you like your payment to be made?"  that question implies money will be paid on THAT day. This is all electronic. 

To all who have filed a balance due return and are requesting the IRS for state take the balance dues by direct debit. First TurboTax does not make the payments. They only pass along the payment information with the return to the taxing authority. Due to staffing shortages and too much to do expect the debit to happen anytime on or after the date you requested. Simply write that amount out of your account and expect it to go at any time. Just like last year, balance due returns are on the back burner for processing. There is nothing you or TurboTax can do to speed up the process. Patience will be required again this year.

Double check that your return was accepted for processing and that the debit information that you entered is correct. Review the filing instruction page for the fed and or state for the debit information you entered. If the information is incorrect the debit will not happen and you will get a bill for the unpaid balance due. If this is your situation making a payment now would be wise. Payment to the FED can be made at irs.gov/payment and for your state please check your state's website.

Hi, thanks for you answer but my question was about that IRS never deposited the total but taken from my direct deposit the due, so I am wondering when its gonna happend cause I need the money 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies