Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I need to print my tax return so I can send it to the IRS. Do I need to print all 104 pages to send to them?

When you go to the print center in your return, you should receive an option to print all forms or worksheets or just your tax return. 

1. Open Turbo Tax
  2. Go to tax tools>print center
  3. Follow the prompts until you reach this screen.
  4. Make your choice just to print the tax return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I need to print my tax return so I can send it to the IRS. Do I need to print all 104 pages to send to them?

Thanks, but I am using the desktop version, not the online one (as you screenshot seems to show). I have found a workaround to print, but it is still not showing things like the "asset entry worksheet" that do appear in the app. I am not sure why that would be.

JulieC14
Expert Alumni

In the Desktop version of TurboTax, you can access/create a PDF of your return in the File section of the return.  In that option to either Print or Save to PDF, you can select Tax Return Only, Tax Return with key calculation worksheets, or Tax Return and all calculation worksheets -- plus you can also choose specific forms.  See the sample screenshot below.

Hi there, additional question on this topic. I'm past due to efile my return and I have to print it now. Turbotax online doesn't give me the options mentioned by others. However I could follow your guidance to filter out the forms. The confusing one is the Smart Worksheets, do I need to include that into the forms I'll send to IRS or no. Thank you!

No not the worksheets.  Just the 1040 and any IRS Schedules and forms.   They will have a Sequence # in the top corner.

See 1040 Instructions page 64 how to assemble for mailing

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040gi.pdf

Assemble any schedules and forms behind Form 1040 or 1040-SR in order of the “Attachment Sequence No.” shown in the upper-right corner of the schedule or form. If you have supporting state- ments, arrange them in the same order as the schedules or forms they support and attach them last. File your return, sched- ules, and other attachments on standard size paper. Cutting the paper may cause problems in processing your return. Don’t attach correspondence or other items unless required to do so. Attach Forms W-2 and 2439 to Form 1040 or 1040-SR. If you received a Form W-2c (a corrected Form W-2), attach your original Forms W-2 and any Forms W-2c. Attach Forms W-2G and 1099-R to Form 1040 or 1040-SR if tax was withheld.

Thanks very much for the quick and detailed response. 

Becky6364

Do I send w2s? how to imprint my tax’s returns for 2020. What forms do I send. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

For instructions on how to print and mail your return, please see the below TurboTax help articles.

For information on what to include, please click here to see the instructions provided by JohnW152 in this Community thread. 

@Becky6364

Unless I am mistaken, TurboTax has changed how they let you print your 1040 return and I hate it.  This is enough of a change, to go to another program.  Why can't I simply print my 1040 and all the documents?  Instead I get an abbreviated form.  I want a copy of all my files like in the past.  I hate this change.

If you think it will be like last year -- forget it.  I hate what Turbotax has done.  I cannot print what I always did with Turbotax.  They will send me to another provider unless this is changed! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies