Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ashlee09
Returning Member

Tax Topic 203

@TamaraFonville93 any updates today? I have a DDD according to my transcripts for tomorrow 3/4 but nothing pending and the offset line does not indicate debt amount. So confused. 

Tax Topic 203

I am having the same problem here. 846 code issued with a 3-11-2020 DDD.  Can offset program still take after that 846 code has been issued?  I haven't received any notices and the last code on my transcript as of today was 846.  Need answers.

Tax Topic 203

you’ll be fine. I had a tax code of 223 but I still had a 846 on my transcripts also. But I got my taxes on 2/26/20. It came exactly when it said. And I owed $169.44 to the state & they took it & I still got it 

Tax Topic 203

@halima-nevels I also have an IL state tax debt. Not sure how but I do. I have the offset code too. I called the FMS number and they said my offset was my whole refund. Do you think I'll be as lucky as you to have mine deposited on Wednesday like they're showing?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Tax Topic 203

Please click this IRS link https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/transaction_codes_pocket_guide.pdf to learn what the codes on your tax transcript mean. 

If you have further questions please click How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

https://www.irs.gov/uac/tax-refund-offsets-pay-unpaid-debts

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tax Topic 203

Hi did you ever receive your refund, because i got the same message without a dd date?

Tax Topic 203

Did you ever receive your refund?

Tax Topic 203

Hi did you ever receive your refund?

ashlee09
Returning Member

Tax Topic 203

I got my full refund. 

Tax Topic 203

@mmcinnis45  I haven't received it. Says to call if refund not received by the 17th. FMS number says my offset is to IL state taxes but I called the state IRS and they can't find anything 

Tax Topic 203

@ashlee09 did you get the offset code?

ashlee09
Returning Member

Tax Topic 203

Yes and when i called i had two offsets both for the state of GA. But i looked at my return and no code other than an 846 came up. Got my full refund on the DDD 

Tax Topic 203

No. But it was updated to the 11th.  I have three offsets which they are due to paid the same day.  

Tax Topic 203

Not yet.  Scheduled for the 11th.  But offsets were taken.  Call the number and press option 2 after you select your language.  If you know how much you are supposed to get back and the  listen to the message and it will tell you how much the offset was taken and the date it will take from your scheduled refund.   IRS website checking account transcript only shows say if you owe past due amounts to only IRS.  If you check your account transcript it will give you your refund date along with amount.  But if you owe and you know you do then call that offset line.  Remember it gets updated every 24 hours.  

Tax Topic 203

Call the TOP number.. Tax offset program and select your language first.  Then press option 2 acknowledging your debt in your own compacity statement.  Enter your social.  It records the phone your calling from.  It will tell you if your taxs are being offered and how much by and whom.  If nothing is listed and you still get offered then contact IRS they will help you. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies