Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

stimulus check

I am not required to mail in a 1040 but I mailed one in anyway back in January.  I checked off that I can be claimed as a dependent on someone elses return.  I have no AGI.  I mailed in a most blank return that indicated non-taxable social security benefits.  The tax return refund tool on the IRS website says "Return is still being processed".   Do you think I will get the stimulus check ?    I receive SSDI via direct deposit.

thanks, 

Andrew 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

stimulus check

Social Security and Stimulus Payments

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm967

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

stimulus check

I have to re-word this:

I checked the box that indicated "Someone can claim me as a dependant" on my tax return and mailed my tax return.  I wasnt required to mail it, and it had zero's all over it with my SSDI benefit amount.  I am 36 years old and on disability through social security.  My parents arent going to be claiming me as a dependant this year.  Will the fact that I checked that box off prevent me from receiving the stimulus check ??

HelenC12
Expert Alumni

stimulus check

xmasbaby0 is correct however since you checked the box that you can be claimed as a dependent, it may affect your stimulus check.  

Per IRS:  Note the wording: can versus were you. Taxpayers likely won't qualify for an Economic Impact Payment if you can be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return.

• For example, this would include a child, student or older dependent who can be claimed on a parent’s return.

For additional information about stimulus checks, click here

See the following screenshots from TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies