Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Stimulous lost

2nd Stimulous sent to wrong account and bank has not returned it. 

Ive spoken to Turbotax. IRS and TPG. 

IRS claims they sent my money on Jan 4th. And told me to call TPG. I finally got ahold of a live person who checked and said on their end they havent recieved anything. She said even if the recieved it and sent it back to the IRS it would be noted in their system. It shows nothing. I call the IRS back and she stated they have already done 1 trace and nothing came back and that tgey could do another trace which cpuld take up to another 90 days. Its been almost 3 months since the payment was sent, yet nobody has it??  It hasnt came back, TPG says they never got it etc. The IRS then told me to call MetaBank because the IRS yses them to process the stimulous payment but Metabank is impssible to contact. Ive never seen anything like this. What do the people like me do when youve exhausted all avenues yet the payment just vanished somewhere without a trace?????????

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Stimulous lost

Try contacting the IRS Tax Advocate.  Also see:

Stimulus check sent to wrong bank account: what to do (businessinsider.com)

Stimulous lost

Why respond if you have absolutely nothing of value? 

Tax advocates do NOT deal with anything stimulous related and that article offers no advice that leads to a solution. 

Ive talked to everyone involved; Turbotax, IRS, TPG, etc. No resolution. 

So ill simply accept the fact its lost in space and maybe someday 4, 6, 10 months from now somebody will find my money and return it to me. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies