oaktree126

Still haven’t received my refund or third stimulus, and it looks like they adjusted my refund based on the IRS website?

So EIC = 2010 plus about 1000 in Recovery Rebate. That was our tax refund. Now I’m looking at the IRS site and they’re saying our adjusted return is like 1450. Why would they do that? Doesn’t seem accurate.
CatinaT1

If the IRS adjusted your refund you will receive a letter from them regarding what was changed.  We have no way of knowing what the IRS changed or why.

oaktree126

Thank you! If my address has changed since filing, should I amend my return in order to make the change faster with the IRS. It says mailing the address change form takes 4-6 weeks.

CatinaT1

No.  Do not amend for an address change.  Use the address change form. Filing an amendment for this will cause confusion at the IRS.

oaktree126

Thank you so much!