rebet39

Somehow I deferred half of my self employment taxes, I think. I can't reverse that. I haven't filed yet, please help me.

LenaH

If you would like to cancel/change your election to defer your self-employment tax, you can follow these steps in TurboTax:

1. Open your return.
  2. Click Federal on the left hand side. 
  3. Click Deductions and Credits on the top of the page.
  4. On the page Tax Breaks, scroll down until you see Tax relief related to Covid-19.
  5. Click Revisit next to Self-employment tax deferral
  6. Answer no to the question Do you want more time to pay self-employment taxes? 
rebet39

Thank you. That didn’t work at all. Neither did calling tech support. It appears your program was glitching. I was finally able to delete the entire deferral form, but I figured that out on my own. 

jcalvizar

How did you delete it? I tried "NO" I do not want to deffer and "YES", but neither seems to get me to the page where I can edit or deleted the deferral 

JeanneLO

@jcalvizar

Please see this if you want to delete a form in TurboTax online: How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?