turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rebet39

Somehow I deferred half of my self employment taxes, I think. I can't reverse that. I haven't filed yet, please help me.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Somehow I deferred half of my self employment taxes, I think. I can't reverse that. I haven't filed yet, please help me.

If you would like to cancel/change your election to defer your self-employment tax, you can follow these steps in TurboTax:

1. Open your return.
  2. Click Federal on the left hand side. 
  3. Click Deductions and Credits on the top of the page.
  4. On the page Tax Breaks, scroll down until you see Tax relief related to Covid-19.
  5. Click Revisit next to Self-employment tax deferral
  6. Answer no to the question Do you want more time to pay self-employment taxes? 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rebet39

Thank you. That didn’t work at all. Neither did calling tech support. It appears your program was glitching. I was finally able to delete the entire deferral form, but I figured that out on my own. 

jcalvizar

How did you delete it? I tried "NO" I do not want to deffer and "YES", but neither seems to get me to the page where I can edit or deleted the deferral 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@jcalvizar

Please see this if you want to delete a form in TurboTax online: How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies