Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Solar credit and refund delays?

Mine is now showing a deposit for May 28th finally too! Filed Feb 14th.

5/24: Received my refund today, a mere 102 days after return was accepted by IRS on 2/11.  No interest included.  My timeline:

4/30: Called IRS to inquire per instructions earlier on this thread.   Was told my file was referred for review and I should wait 30 days.  But I should expect a letter "in a couple of weeks".

5/22: No letter received, so I called the IRS back.  Was told to wait the full 30 days until 5/30. No updates in my file.

5/23: Where's my Refund shows a new message after 100+ days of only showing "return received".  Now it still says "return received" but they apologize that my return is delayed.

5/24: Where's my refund finally says "refund approved" and should be deposited by 5/29.  Was actually deposited same day (5/24).

So frustrating.

Finally got an update on my IRS account transcripts! showing pending refund on 5/30! Submitted my 1040 on 2/10! Called once and was told 30 days before a call back...never got a call back but finally an update

How do you look at your tax transcripts? I filed my taxes on Feb 2nd! And still nothing.  

Yes I finally had a response and am due for my refund on 5/29. 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Here is the link to check your IRS transcripts.

My refund got approved on Feb 10. Didn't have it by April 25th, so called the IRS and was told to wait 30 days. Called again today and was told that it was still sitting in the processing department and we needed to wait another 30 days. So now if we have not received our return by the end of June I will be calling July 1st to see what is going on. The only thing different about our taxes this year was we did solar panels in 2023. I keep a check on where's my refund and my IRS transcripts but have seen no change. Sorry to those in the same boat as us. 

I'm still in the situation. I filled February 2nd too! I called and they told me the same.  30 days.  The only thing different I did was the solar panels as well! I'm beginning to hate the fact that I even got the solar panels! This shouldn't take this long.  

It's funny, when the IRS wants their money,  they penalize if they don't get it on time.  They should give us a bonus for waiting so long.  😆 

Uhhh. I don't even check the website anymore.  I'm so frustrated with this whole thing!

Where’s my refund is showing that it’s still processing, but  information is finally showing for my 2023 tax transcript, which is a good sign.

Hoping this will be resolved soon! 

I had a refund status (refund date) about a week after my transcripts showed up. Just got my refund yesterday! Good Luck! 

Approved as of today, so last minute!  But it says my return is being mailed even though I elected direct deposit.  They’re not even mailing it until

June 7.  And may take another month to get here.  😑 yayyy. 

Finally…….after 16 weeks…..the IRS says my refund should be mailed by June 3rd.

I calle them, and the lady who I talked to was really helpful and sweet.

She stated the reason for the hold up on my return was…..wait for it…..

the child tax credit!!  Nothing to do with the solar credit!  Laughable!!

What. In. The. Actual. F***.

I am glad to see more and more people are starting to get their returns. As of today our refund is still in the processing phase on where's my refund. And irs transcript does not show anything for this year as of yet. Though I know they got our return because both times I have talked to someone they have told me it is sitting at the processing department. Hope to hear something soon. 

Mine states it will be mailed as well when we did direct deposit for the others.  I'm not sure if it's because of the amount or the situation.  so frustrating to wait again :(

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies