Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Solar credit and refund delays?

So our return finally has 'refund approved' and states our refund will be mailed by June 7th, and not to bother them again until July 5th 😡.  Our other refunds were direct deposited.  Is this happening to anyone else where their refund is being mailed even though you gave direct deposit information when you filed?  We are receiving a large refund so I don't know if the high amount is the reason? 

We had 47 panels (large refund with some carry over to next yr also) and ours did direct deposit. Nothing makes sense with this year's returns! 

One of the people I spoke to told me the delay was from Covid 😑🙄🥴..  they need new transcripts for thier responses. 

Same!!  I'm not sure why they are sending me a paper check, so stupid.  And of course my bank will take their sweet time depositing it because of the amount, so more waiting.  ugh.

I submitted a 30 day referral request on May 1st and still don't have any answers, is anyone else having this same problem when told to give 30 days?

I'm still having issues. I filed February 2nd and I called and spoke to someone May 7th. They said it was " processing" and if I don't hear back in a month call back.  There's no change to "wheres my refund" as it still says accepted!

I have to call back! So annoying as to why would you'd take 4 months!!

Yes, we were told to wait another 30 days. We were told it is waiting in the processing department. And the nice agent said she had no idea why it was sitting there for so long. July 1st will be the second 30 days we have waited. I have read watching your IRS transcript is the best way to see if your refund has finished processing. My always say that it has passed the 21 days. But that is has not been processed. Hopefully soon we all will hear something good from them about our returns.

Same here.  30 days was June 1st and still no resolution.  But the time this mess is figured and fixed we will be ready to file again.  

Mnott

Did you get your return?. 

I filed taxes on February 12, 2024. I called, and the IRS said that a fundamental review takes ten weeks. I called the IRS back around April 25, 2024 (10 weeks)and was told they would submit a referral, and the tax returns would be processed, or a correction letter would be sent; this would take another month May 30, 2024. I called the IRS back one month later and they said they would need more time because the ERS department is processing a 349 code (pretty sure she said 349). I waited 30 days to be told it was an error, which I was already told in the beginning that it was their error and nothing I did.  6/19 I was told I'd hear something by. Hmmmm

I filed 02/14, finally got my return the very end of May. 

We have not gotten our return yet. Sounds very similar to our situation, except we have not been told of any errors. There has been no correspondence if any kind, and when I called last Thursday (6/6/24) we were told it went to another department for verifying credits on returns. I've called the IRS a total of 6 times (3/21- told to wait 10 weeks, 4/21- was told no new info but my 10 weeks were up, 4/23-10 weeks were up, filed in a SAMS complaint, which did NOTHING, and put in referral for my taxes to the Errors Department told to wait up 30 days [hahaha], 5/23-called the tax advocates, was told there was no notes at all on my account and that they could not help me, 6/6-30 days are up, called and the told me there was 2 notes on my account one saying it was being sent to another department to verify tax credits [solar rollover, solar batteries [new] and kids], and that a letter was being sent on or by 6/17, currently 6/13 and still have nothing, 6/7- attempted tax advocates again, was given information for this new department that apparently only has 1 line that is perpetually busy, was told to file an amended tax return removing the NEW credit as I wasn't getting money for that this year due to previous year rollover and they only apply credits one at a time. This doesn't seem right, but the tax advocates lawyer said that you can claim new installs for up to five years, still doesn't seem right). So, as of right now, we have ZERO account information, ZERO correspondence, ZERO help and ZERO accountabilty for the IRS. It's been 4 months and if we owed money to the IRS we'd be in trouble, but because they owe us money they get to twiddle their thumbs and mess around with people. It's not right and no one seems to care or want to help. 

@Schobs719 I feel the exact same way and when I filed my SAMs that was part of my complaint. ZERO correspondence is not acceptable in any way,  the hypocrisy of the IRS is absurd. Even a FYI on the website for known delays would have helped.... something.  I totally back your frustration.  If you haven't already,  Next time you call request a personal advocate, if this delay is causing financial distress (even if you need the money to put against your Solar loan so it doesn't increase) it will get you assigned to someone that can help. That being said, I never spoken with a personal advocate a single time and was told it could take 30 days to get assigned to one but i think it got my taxes rolling. At this point, it couldn't hurt.

@Dexter06 this is really helpful, I did not think to claim financial hardship and didn't know I could ask for a personal advocate. Unfortunately for us, the solar increase has already occurred (April 1, 2024) but it was only $63.78 a month.  I'm so frustrated at this point that the IRS goes so unchecked and there is no accountability for their exceptionally archaic processes. 

We are not getting any of our Solar credits back. We have been told it would be used for if we owed taxes. Man this sucks. TurboTax, IRS, and even Solgen Power (who did our solar panels) told us we would only be able to use the solar credits if we owed money. 

That is incorrect.  We never owe, always get a refund every year and have gotten credits 2 years now, with still more to rollover next year.  Did you actually try to claim the credits and IRS denied you?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies