Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Solar credit and refund delays?

Same thing we had to redo with the form from turbo tax. It is so frustrating and i don’t know what to do!

• Call the IRS at [phone number removed] during their support hours
    of 7 AM to 7 PM local time Monday to Friday.
  • Select your language, pressing 1 for English or 2 for Spanish.
  • Press 2 for questions about your personal income taxes.
  • Press 1 for questions about a form already filed or a payment.
  • Press 3 for all other questions.
  • Press 2 for all other questions.
  • Make no entry when queried for the SSN.
  • Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
  • Press 3 for all other questions.

Just got ours accepted today finally! They were accepted 2/18. Hopefully everyone gets them soon!

Our return was filed and "accepted" on 2/10. We still haven't received a refund (4/7). The major thing we changed this year was the solar credit as well. It's driving me crazy!

That's exciting! Still no word on mine...accepted 2/10. 

I didn't have any error codes but I did file a SAMS

I just called today for an update. After the representative coming back and forth from hold for 45 minutes, I was told my return is in the errors department, and it’s could be an additional 6 weeks from today…. 

Mine has been in the errors department for a while so I’m hoping when I call on the 22nd (when they told me to call back) there will be an update!

Im hoping some of us starting getting them back soon! I submitted mine on 2/9. I won’t hold my breath based on my conversation today. 

Ask what your error code is. Mine was 497 “complex system issue” as of 2/15, there are time limits on error codes. You can look them up on IRS website. My new error code is 249 - system error. My 10 week date is 4/20 so we will see. File a SAMS case too!!

Keep calling back-per IRS-they told me they don’t know there’s a problem until you bring it to their attention. Ask what the code is, ask questions on the time frame etc

Update: 

I called the IRS and used the suggestions in this thread- was told that it’s an error in their system- their fault, not mine. Should have my refund by 4/20. If it doesn’t come, I should call back. I’m hoping! 

If you haven’t called, do it. They need to know that you’re having an issue. 

I filed a SAMS a couple weeks ago. I asked for the error code today, and she said that she didn’t have that information. Just that it was in the errors department. After being on hold for 45 minutes, she read a statement to me, and fumbled over her words when I asked questions. She just told 

me it would be longer than originally expected and to wait another 6 weeks. I’ll try calling again tomorrow.

I am having the same exact issue, with the same non-information from the IRS rep on the phone. Just to wait until after 04.20 and then call back. Super frustrating.

gcjhss

Mine was accepted on 2/10 and my 10 weeks is up today. They said call back next week. She lady had zero information to give me and no advice besides call back next week. Never had this issue before with solar credits. I’ll gladly take the interest on the amount I’m getting back lol!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies