Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Solar credit and refund delays?

Same here. 

My dates are the exact same as yours, and I’m waiting also. It’s frustrating 

Have you tried calling them?

Yes, we finally got in contact with someone yesterday and were told it was their error and to expect our refund 10 weeks from filing. 

That seems to be the response everyone is getting! Why do I have a feeling April 20 will come and go with no updates though….

I was told to wait 10 weeks for my refund OR correspondence from IRS before calling back... I'm not holding my breathe. 

Same, we have a solar credit rollover from last year (we'll have it still for the next 2) and we are still waiting. I've looked at our transcripts and those even say that no taxes have been filed, yet they were accepted on 2/12 after being rejected (twice) for the solar tax credit rollover form. I can never get someone to speak to at the IRS and the tax advocates don't seem to really have any idea. I'm going to try something today. I do know that Turbo Tax could have caught the error the 1st anz 2nd time before they got rejected, because it was a question after a question on that solar tax form. 

My transcript is also saying that there are no returns on file. I asked the IRS representative about this and she said it's because it's going through the errors department. They won't openly say that there is an issue with the solar credits, but it is abundantly clear given all the information I am finding in forums online. 

Same. Filed 2/9. Irs rec'd 2/10. Called (repeatedly) was eventually told 4/1, that it was in the Error System, there was a "glitch" etc....if no refund by 4/20, call back. We have already rec'd our state tax return.  This is killing me because no one has a clear answer.

Same here! It’s in error department and there’s nothing they can do except wait until 4/20…

We haven't gotten ours either and we claimed solar and EV credits. Ours has been on the same status since 2/21. It is frustrating. 

Yes!! I did mine 2/07 accepted 2/10 and still just processing!! 😤 so frustrating 

Same. Filed 2/13. Still says processing on IRS website, and accepted on TurboTax. The verbiage on the IRS page clearly states compounding daily interest of 8% after 45 days for the posts on the first page.

So. I finally got a IRS rep that was super helpful. My error code is 497 "Complex Systemic Issue" which means nothing I did, but perhaps something to do with how the file came over from TurboTax. Possibly names were combined instead of separated or an issue with a credit for the kids. So my advice-- File a SAMS complaint, state your return has yet to be updated. https://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/home/systemic-advocacy-management-system-sams/

Then you call back the IRS, state you filed the SAMS, this will add to your file that because there has been no update from ERS (they put mine in ERS on 2/15) that it would naturally time out after 40 business days or the IRS would reach out for more info. This brings us to next week anyways but earlier then the previously quoted 10 weeks.

1-Ask for any error codes

2-ask how long in ERS (if that is the case)

3-ask rep to file a report to have ERS prioritize, reference SAMS claim number as this will expediate as well.

To call the IRS and get a human [phone number removed] dial 1,2,1,3,2-will prompt you to enter ssn 2x--don't. dial 2 then 3.

I am not having any luck either. I have tried calling different numbers with no luck. Do you know which number you called??

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies