turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

latashiamarie
Returning Member

Show me the order to mail in tax refund papers

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

The Filing Instructions page has the information for what forms and schedules are to be included in the mailed tax return along with the address for where to mail.

If you are not e-filing your tax returns the see this TurboTax support FAQ for how to print and mail a tax return when using the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

See this TurboTax support FAQ for how to print and mail when using the desktop CD/Download editions for Windows - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/print-and-file/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-a-return-in-the-turbot...

If you are mailing your tax return instead of e-filing, be aware that it is taking a very long time for the IRS to process mailed returns---it will take months.   Use a mailing service that will track your mailed return so that you will know the IRS received it.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies