Should I file an amended return for 2019?

I got a Form 1095a from the Health Insurance Marketplace. I filed my 2019 return on time. I am not sure if I should file an amended return. I do not see any difference from the original 1095 form from this new one. I know that with Covid and that tax law that Biden signed, I didn't have to pay the different in premium tax credits that I used on my premiums last year. I did end up paying the difference on my 2019 return. Was that also affected with that tax law? Can anyone please let me know if I just ignore it or file an amended return.

Thanks!

Your 2019 tax return is not affected by the new tax laws that were passed in 2021 that affected the premium tax credit on 2020 tax returns.   You do not need to amend a 2019 return for that.

No, the suspension of the requirement to repay excess advance payments of the Premium Tax Credit was only effective for tax year 2020.  So if there were no changes on the Form 1095-A that you entered for the 2019 tax return there is no reason for you to file an amended return for 2019.

Thanks!

@DoninGA @xmasbaby0 Thank you both for your answer!

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing