Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should I file an amended return for 2019?

I got a Form 1095a from the Health Insurance Marketplace. I filed my 2019 return on time. I am not sure if I should file an amended return. I do not see any difference from the original 1095 form from this new one. I know that with Covid and that tax law that Biden signed, I didn't have to pay the different in premium tax credits that I used on my premiums last year. I did end up paying the difference on my 2019 return. Was that also affected with that tax law? Can anyone please let me know if I just ignore it or file an amended return.

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Your 2019 tax return is not affected by the new tax laws that were passed in 2021 that affected the premium tax credit on 2020 tax returns.   You do not need to amend a 2019 return for that.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

No, the suspension of the requirement to repay excess advance payments of the Premium Tax Credit was only effective for tax year 2020.  So if there were no changes on the Form 1095-A that you entered for the 2019 tax return there is no reason for you to file an amended return for 2019.

Thanks!

@DoninGA @xmasbaby0 Thank you both for your answer!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies