turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kialong

SCAM

Anyone keep getting a rejected return? If so what did you do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

SCAM

And why would you think it is a scam that your return is being rejected by the IRS?   Rejections do not come from TurboTax---they come from the IRS.

You received an email that we cannot see that tells you why your tax return was rejected.   What is the rejection code or rejection message?  If it was rejected for AGI—-be aware that many 2019 returns took so long for the IRS to process that your 2019 AGI might not be in the IRS system.   Try using zero instead.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

If that does not work and you still cannot e-file, then print, sign, and mail your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Bribabe7

SCAM

• Mine did the same thing... I spoke with a live expert ans they corrected it for me

SCAM

Rejections do in fact come from TurboTax. I had my California State taxes rejected because TT stated THEY were the ones that returned it for an error. Not an error that I did but an error in the program. I posted about it and no one replied. I was unable to file until the last update two days ago when the program fixed Calif Form 593. TT SAID it was TT that rejected it and this was 10 days after I e-filed.

So it just depends . . .

SCAM

There's no way to edit a reply . . . I wanted to add . . . Yes! Not a SCAM

npepitone

SCAM

I had this issue too.  I entered the AGI exactly as I had entered it on my 2019 tax return and my federal form was rejected.  I even logged into the IRS website and checked my AGI matched with my 2019 tax return receipt.

I tried resubmitting my return via e-file, this time I changed my AGI to $0, based on the feedback from this article and it went through successfully.   I got an acceptance email within minutes of resubmitting it. Maybe since I had filed my tax return by mail last year, the number didn't propagate to all of the IRS systems, I'm really not sure why - but entering zero fixed the problem.  Thanks to all that contributed.

P.S. There is no part of this process that is a scam - wish someone could fix the title of this help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies