turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

j12doc

refunds

I did taxes April and STILL NOTHING !! wonder where it is … Need the funds and it looks like many others have the same problem .. What is happening ??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

refunds

Did you efile?  Was it Accepted?  You can check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/ 

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.  

Then only the IRS can tell you.  IRS Where's my refund https://www.irs.gov/refunds/

Make sure you are using the refund amount from your actual federal tax return and not the combined amount Turbo Tax showed you at the end.  That was for federal and state combined.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

j12doc

refunds

I e-filed .. I paid .. I got a confirmation number … electronically signed …  so I thought … why do I get e-mails months before w-2's are sent out …. get e-mails to start it …. get e-mails reminding me to complete it yet once I paid for it , get a confirmation and thought all was good , why don't I receive anything saying it hasn't been submitted ??? hasn't been completed ??? ..I am not a happy camper at all and pray there are no penalties now for filing late ….. NEVER have I been late and can use this money , as little as it is , for the summer vacation … Not happy at all .. That needs to be addressed to make sure it is known that the process has not been completed and why I was charged when the process was not completed ...

refunds

Paying the fees does not file the return.  The fees are to prepare the return whether you efile or print and mail.  You had to continue on through the File tab, though the 3 steps and hit the big orange Transmit Returns button.  

You didn't say what your account says when you log in.  You can still efile until Oct 15.  If you have a refund there is no penalty for filing late.  

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies