Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund

If this is true, then why Accept it then if you aren't supposed to get the $600 stimulus? How do we know if that person is supposed to get a stimulus check or not ya know?

Refund

Well I have been waiting way longer than 21 days and paid $80 for TT and to get my refund before the 21 days. Now it has been 5 weeks and I have never had a problem until this year and I have no answers except reading what everyone is posting about, which I don't even know what is true or not.

Refund

I just pulled my 2020 Record Transcript today and printed it out to read it. I do not understand what it all means. Do you??

kaycepav

Refund

im in the exact same situation.. i filed and was accepted on 2/12...now my bars are gone says still processing and i also now need the unemployment credit....i cant get thru to the irs and turbo tax says its not in their hands...this happened to me 2 years ago....i feel like if u file early u get screwed....and they told us to hurry and file and now here we sit with no money and no information..ill post if i get any new info i hope you all do the same....super frustrating

lenarnzui

Refund

Did you get your first stimmy and 2nd? Thats why they put the 1200 on line 30

Refund

I got them all. So did hundreds of others. Nothing should have been put in for line 30, yet it was. 

Refund

Same.  I got them all.  Also just checked my transcripts are done and my refund will be available in the next 2 weeks.  HOWEVER, it’s $3,000 less than what TT told me.  No clue why 

Refund

I did not file IRS Taxes in 2019

for 2019- I received $1,200 - bu not t he $600

TurboTax said I should have received the $600 for 2019

I prepared my 2020 taxes and included my 2019 information

I printed my 2020 Tax Return using Turbo Tax which should have included my 2019 $600 Credit

I do not see my 2020 Tax Forms - I need to mail thiam  in too

Where are they - WHERE CAN I FIND my completed 2020 TAX Forms? In my files (I don't see them)

How do I file them to get my $1400 payment???  thanks Mary Kay Kotzman

Refund

What do you mean you included 2019?  You have to do each year separately.  Online is only for 2020.  You need to delete any 2019 info or clear and start over.

For the missing 600

If you did not get one or both of the first 2 Stimulus payments you can claim the missing amounts on your 2020 return.  It will be listed on your 1040 return on line 30.  Check there for it.  It either adds to your refund or reduces a tax due.

When you go through the federal review tab it will ask how much you got if any.  Enter a 0 in the box if you didn't get one.  Or to enter your stimulus payment in TurboTax, type "stimulus" (without the quotes) in the Search box, then click the link that says "Jump to stimulus."

After you have entered your tax information and are ready for the Federal Review, it will be the first question.

If you are trying to trigger it, you can go to Other Situations, answer any questions and click Done. The next automatic selection is Federal Review and it will ask about payments received.

The Recovery rebate credit is on 1040 line 30.  It either adds to your refund or reduced a tax due.

Refund

You printed 2020?  Is the 600 on line 30?  What do you mean you can't find the 2020 forms?  You said you printed them.  What printed out?  You should be able to efile.

Can you log into your account and open your return?  Click on Add a State to let you back into your return.

1. From Tax Home (the first screen you see after you sign in), scroll down to Your tax returns & documents. You may have to select Show to open the drop down.
  2. Select 2020, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this is just the workaround).

Then when you are ready to file you can try to switch to efile.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-change-from-mail-to-e-file-in-turbotax-online...

Refund

Mkkotzman: I'm not really the right person to answer your questions. I'm just a disgruntled TT user who has been all over the Community bringing attention to the mass of mistakes TT made on Line 30.

However, I do believe you are referring to not receiving your $600 for 2020 (not 2019). IRS would have used your 2019 tax filing to determine your income level and eligibility. If you used direct deposit in 2019 your stimulus checks most likely went to you by direct deposit. Other people received checks in the mail.

You lost me after that. If you filed your 2020 taxes with TT, I think you need to contact TT customer service. They're pretty busy. Good luck.

I just read VolvoGirl's response and I think it answers all your questions nicely. She obviously knows her way around Turbotax.

Refund

Idk about the unemployment credit but if you didn't make over 10,200 you dont have to worry about it. Yes they did say file fast b4 next stimulus package. Its turbotax program. They added stuff on line 30 for the stimulus money that flagged our return and threw our returns to the return department for further investigation. Its tt but they point their finger at irs..its not irs because I've gotten through to them at the tt program not setup for stimulus screwed us. Was told return was fine and if needed adjusting for stimulus money they'd fix and could take up to 10 weeks and if I dont receive by then call back.  Listen...when calling irs and when prompted to put in social security number DONT!!! Put your employee Identification number in and you will get through after holding. It took me a hr and 43 minutes but got to figure out what was going on anyway. Several people ik said their wmr site said same but they checked their accounts and money there....or the wmr did update and finally give them a date. So yea my 10 weeks is april 22 but am hoping to get before then. Good luck to you and do what I told you and you will get through to a actual agent. Lmk if anything changes for you and I'll do the same. My return always was back within 10-14 days the previous 8 years I filed with tt but not this year. I do know I wont be using them for another year. Everyone wants to lie to you. 

Refund

I don't got the information needed to check transcripts. No car loan,house loan, credit cards. So got all the information but that so can't see transcript. So have no timeline on when I may get back taxes. 

DmFlynn
Returning Member

Refund

I'm in the same boat, and turbo tax nor IRS, wants to even reply about it. waiting 6 weeks now. guess itll be next year 

Refund

I filed my return on February the 1st it was accepted on February the 12th I also had to claim the recovery rebate credit and I still have not received my return the where’s my refund app doesn’t even show the bar anymore every time I check it.. it says my refund is still processing and a refund date will be provided when available  and now they say they h ad to make changes and my refund is like $1000 less then what I filled out. Also, I would be getting a letter saying the issue for the changes. Why?

There is nothing different this year with me and has not been in the last several years

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies