Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tiger 63

I made a mistake on my return, how do I get back into Turbo tax so I can make the change required. They were not supposed to file it before I reviewed it.

I Left off one Form 1099 R and I have not had a chance to review or find out how to  add it  to my tax return I provided today to Turbo Tax

. I don't think it has been forward yet.  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CynthiaR

I made a mistake on my return, how do I get back into Turbo tax so I can make the change required. They were not supposed to file it before I reviewed it.

You can check to see if your tax return has been efiled by going into this website:

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/_intuit/turbotax/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp;jsessionid=UA0JFdBbu...

If it was efiled then you can do an amended return.   You can do it thru TurboTax when IRS comes out with the approved amended Form 1040X on Feb 22nd.   It is best to wait until you get your refunds before amending.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
CynthiaR

You can check to see if your tax return has been efiled by going into this website:

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/_intuit/turbotax/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp;jsessionid=UA0JFdBbu...

If it was efiled then you can do an amended return.   You can do it thru TurboTax when IRS comes out with the approved amended Form 1040X on Feb 22nd.   It is best to wait until you get your refunds before amending.

I made a mistake about my stimate check of 2800.00 which we recieved in march2021

If you have already efiled  AND  the return was accepted for processing this is an error the IRS will correct automatically  and will reduce the refund accordingly ... so just sit tight. 

PremaLLC
Returning Member

Thank you for your reply. It is very helpful.

I owe IRS Moneys this year (no refund).

I guess I still wait for 1040-X to be released.

Thank you.

PremaLLC 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies