Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year 2020: Will our stimulus check load on our turbo tax card?

I did not receive my stimulus payment today. I never had a problem using the turbo tax card in the past and so I did not anticipate a problem receiving this stimulus payment as it works just like a bank account and the IRS said they would direct deposit into the accounts for those that used this feature on this years return. Apparently this was true if you had H & R Blocks Emerald card or Chime but not Turbo Tax card if you had the filing fees taken from the return.   The IRS tool said they didnt have enough information to direct deposit. The Turbo tax app and their phone was down all day so I could not  reverify my routing and account number they had once successfully deposited my refund to in February.  The problem lies in Santa Barbara bank who once had a tax return of a friends that was reported lost to IRS for six months.  Unacceptable. I have officially ended my 15 year return customer relationship with Turbo. 

@kathrynthegreat1 

To elaborate, when you file your taxes through Turbo Tax and choose to receive an RAL and/or have your taxes deducted from your refund, you sign a bunch of other forms; THOSE forms authorize them to send additional paperwork to the IRS with a "temporary" routing/account number that your refund is sent to, so that Santa Barbara Tax (who, btw, is owned by GreenDot, the same company that administers the Turbo Card) can withdraw the amount you owe and then forward the money to your Turbo Card. While technically the correct account/routing # ARE on your 1040, they aren't recorded in any fashion in the IRS refund system (other than in your 1040 record), since Santa Barbara's account # was used (and you definitely wouldn't want your stimulus sent there). Therefore, the IRS doesn't have your information on file. 

You can certainly still receive your stimulus on the Turbo Card - same as you can use it to receive a payroll deposit or any other direct deposit - but you have to manually add the routing and account # for your Turbo Card into the IRS system on their "Get My Payment" page. Presumably everyone who does so will be in the next "wave" of direct deposits. It sucks, but there isn't much that can be done about it at this point. 

ad19
Level 3

Hi so I have attempted to use the newly launched tracking tool and it asked me for my routing and account number which I did end up providing but then the site crashed... still no deposit and I cannot retrack yet  because I got locked out due to their site crashing. 

We need more info please

@ad19 

The deposit won't be immediate after you provide your information to the IRS. They are scheduling another "wave" of direct deposits, and once those are sent, the money will be released soon after by your bank (or Green Dot, if you're using the Turbo Card). 

As for the lockout, there is a limit per day on how many times you can access the "Get My Payment" function. Try again tomorrow and see if you're able to get in. 

Skramer

I ended up checking the irs website and when I checked the status, it said I qualified but they needed my direct deposit info, which to me meant they were not direct depositing it onto my turno debit card. Now it is pending with a deposit date. 

@Skramer 

Correct, the IRS didn't have your deposit information on file, and you would not have received it on your Turbo Card had you not entered the information manually. You should now be included in the next wave of deposits that they send out. 

Same thing happened to me yesterday. 

We have the Turbo Tax card and our deposit went onto it yesterday. When I checked the irs.gov site it had my bank account ending in my social security number. I was really worried and called a representative who was not too nice and didn’t have anything to offer other than they aren’t associated with the IRS and he didn’t know anything. Ugh! Thank God we ended up getting the deposit a few hours later.

Our stimulus check went onto our Turbo Tax card yesterday. When I checked the irs.gov info it listed my last four digits of my social security number as my bank account. We did get the advance this year too. I hope this helps to answer your questions about the deposits and going onto the cards!

We received our deposit yesterday!

Has anyone gotten theirs on their turbo card yet ?? 

Have you or anyone received theirs in the turbo card ? 

You literally copy pasted this message a bunch of times just for the brownie points. Stop. Its also info weve all seen 200 times.

• Hope you are right 

Have you got your refund and how do I check the routing number ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies