Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year 2020: Will our stimulus check load on our turbo tax card?

I hope it deposits on our turbo tax cards. I can't get the website to bring up my 1040 but I have my card and still have some money left from my taxes and still use my card and I've checked everyday and nothing, same amount I've had....  We all need this money. I've been told so many different things idk what to do...

I will NEVER use TurboTax again. I had the ridiculous TT debit card for my refund deposit. I had to give the IRS my other account. Wouldn’t be so pissed had TT given A TRUE ANSWER about what was happening with these cards. Instead they beat around the bush, and now some customers are screwed until the new info processes last minute. What a crock! Absolutely changing tax service here on out. 👍

It seems people that paid fees out of their refund and/or got an advance are the ones having the problem. There is a connection to santa Barbara company with this issue. They are the ones who intercepted our tax returns to get the fees and/or pay back advance and then the rest sent to us. Which we all got our tax return on our cards. Majority including myself have matched our routing and account number for our card to the one on our tax form that was generated when we filed. 

They dropped the ball with this one and will probably lost alot of paying customers because we are the ones having the problems! This is unfair to all of us!

I received an email from Turbo Tax....this is the Copy and Paste of it

Dear Valued Customer,

Great news, you should be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS today!

The government has informed us that they are depositing your stimulus payment onto your Turbo® Visa® Debit Card issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC, since that is how you chose to receive your refund on your last filed tax return (2019 or 2018).

If you have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, there is nothing more you need to do. You will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit.

If you no longer have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, don't worry. You can request a replacement card. You will not be charged for a replacement card or check; standard fees will be waived or refunded to you.

Due to unprecedented traffic, the website and phone lines for the Turbo Visa Debit Card issued by Green Dot are experiencing delays and long wait times. To get the best service, we recommend waiting until non-peak hours. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers access their stimulus payment as fast as possible.

For additional information, including how to request a replacement card, please visit our Stimulus site for Turbo Visa Debit Card holders here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/turbo-card/

Respectfully,
Sarah Kim
Vice President, TurboTax

I hope this helps someone who still has questions about whether or not the money will go on the Turbo Cards 🙂

Robertk84

So I dont have my card I received last year so would I be getting it in the mail ?

Yes I did the advance.

I’m in the same boat. I entered all info the way it is on the turbo tax account and it says it’s not the same as the irs info so I’m also locked out and unable to put my bank info because it’s not letting me pass the first step !!!! So frustrating!! 

Omg smae thing happened to me! I WANT TO CRY!

I am so frustrated with this service. Since not getting an answer as to if the stimulus check would/would NOT be deposited to Turbo card, I did not receive the money today and had to go onto IRS website to change my DD info and now have to wait, who knows how long, for my money to be deposited there. I am another customer who will no longer be using this service. 

@TurboTax @Greendotbank @IRS @SantaClause @AllAttorneysEverywhere 

I paid ~$120 to self-file using Turbo Tax. I didn't sign up for any extra features beyond what was required to file the return & claim the applicable credits, etc. I could have paid an accountant to do my taxes for that much, I know that now. By the time I had finished the return I reasoned I might as well just accept the fee since it's already done. 

And here I am in this predicament. I have not received my IRS stimulus deposit. And I have been unable to log into my Turbo debit card account for 2-3 days.  

While attempting to log in today @ the Turbo debit card site, it says "Your information did not match an account on file. Please try again." This makes me very nervous! I used this card just a few days ago. I can't think of any reason why the account is closed. I surely hope it's not. 

Do I still have an account w/this bank? If I do, will the IRS deposit will bounce back again it did already without any official explanation? I can't get through on their CS line & the responsible parties aren't making any clear or concise statements on this issue, that I'm aware of anyway. 

I am starting to think I made a very big mistake re-entering the turbo card DD information from my 1040 into the IRS portal.  I have a family of 5 to provide for. I needed the money fast b/c it's been delayed already and they advertise "ASAP™ Direct Deposit. "  

I suppose I'll just have to wait for the IRS's to set a new deposit date, as their site says, and hope the money will end up in the account sometime in the near future. If I wager on the outcome based on my experience up to this point I'd say the IRS will wait another week to attempt the deposit again and it mysteriously won't show up into the account which I mysteriously seem to no longer have access to, which even more mysteriously no longer seems to exist. And when I have to do the leg-work to find answers - even though I'm not being paid to do it and the agents who are can't give me any - they'll remain shrouded in mystery just like the location of stimulus deposit. 

I don't like to be cynical, but I'm sure it seems like I that even though I'm merely listing events as they've transpired up to this point. 

This organization has a fiduciary duty to all of it's customers and it seems to me it's not being taken very seriously. 

I didnt get a check either 

wow another customer lost forever 

I been calling all day cant get thru to no one

How do I check the account not card !!? 

No you will not recieve it on your card if u paid a fee to turbo tax via ur return, the only info the IRS has on file is turbo tax bank info, as it is send to turbo tax, they take the fee out then they send the remaining to you. Highly likely will have to wait till mailed checks, this is what turbo tax has caused, other tax companies are fixing the issue, turbo tax has decided to not help there customers as it would cost them money since they wont get fee's for doing the leg work to get the right into to the irs for you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies