turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will my stimulus go on my turbo tax debit card that was sent to me to get my tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

39 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Will my stimulus go on my turbo tax debit card that was sent to me to get my tax return?

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding the direct deposit information for the stimulus payments. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How is it an irs issue? YOU GUYS hold the keys for every single person that had fees taken out since our direct deposit info is superceded to go to you first... so the question becomes, will you process irs deposits to appropriate individuals?

Nobody knows for sure yet. 

For more information regarding this as well as a stimulus update refer to the source provided below.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

We want to know if it will go to our turbo tax cards in order to make changes,we rather not wait until last second

I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THESE COMPANIES BUT HERE IS MY TAKE....

If you look on your copy of the tax return you should see the "bank account" information for the direct deposit to the Turbo Card, if that is what you chose for you payment method..

As long as that account information is still valid the stimulus payment should just show up credited to your Turbo Card once the IRS processes it.

The money does not go to Intuit for them to disburse.

The Turbo Card is managed by Green Dot bank and the direct deposit information they provided should still work...

That is my hope and assumption....

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding the direct deposit information for the stimulus payments. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. If the IRS does not use the TurboTax card, please see the information below the IRS has posted:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Please see the information from the IRS below, regarding the stimulus checks:

Economic impact payments: What you need to know

Please check for updates here: Coronavirus Tax Relief

jennym38
Returning Member

I 100@% AGREE!!!

I'm trying to find out if my stimulus check will go on my TurboTax card I need the money I don't know what I'm going to do

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

Returning Member

No longer have my card what do we do

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please click the link below for assistance with your Turbo Visa Debit card.

https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/contact-us

kathleenJ

The answer that the IRS looks at the banking info was the best answer.  Yes they will be putting the Stimulus checks on those Turbo Tax bank cards.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

We are currently waiting for the IRS guidelines regarding direct deposit information for all stimulus payments. We will have more information once the government finalizes those details. 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

The following is the best information we have so far.

Maybe ... details still to come if you used the refund processing option to have the TT fees withheld from the fed refund  ...  https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

SO look at your 2019 form 1040 at the DD info on page 2 ... if that is the same DD info for the Debit card you have then the IRS already has the card info and will send it there automatically.  

If not then it is still to be determined if the deposit will go thru the third party processing bank like the original refund  OR  if you will need to change that DD info in the IRS portal to be built  OR  just get a check. 

How will the IRS know where to send my payment?

The vast majority of people do not need to take any action. The IRS will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those eligible.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies