Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Will my stimulus go on my turbo tax debit card that was sent to me to get my tax return?

This was posted on the SBTPG website on 4/9/20…. 

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

I paid for tax preparation using Santa Barbara TPG this tax season. How will I receive my Economic Impact Payment?

The IRS will be distributing Economic Impact Payments directly to taxpayers and TPG will not play a role in facilitating these payments. Unfortunately, TPG does not have any visibility into this information; therefore our agents cannot answer any questions regarding these payments.

The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. 

An IRS  issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG.

My 2 cents : 

ALL EVERYONE CAN TO IS WAIT AND HOPE FOR THE BEST .... if you have already filed a 2019 return there is nothing you can do until something happens no matter how much you wish and pray for a miracle ... there is no fairy godmother with a magic wand to help you now. 

If you get the DD in the next 2 weeks then you are done.  Be happy.

If you do not get the DD by the time the IRS finally opens the promised portal then you can update your information at that time.   

Follow this site for updates:

CORONAVIRUS TAX CENTER: 2020 STIMULUS

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus

Will my stimulus go on my turbo tax debit card that was sent to me to get my tax return?

Still waiting on if you are sending it to our turbo cards or not.because they already said they are sending it to the emerald cards from HnR Block

tish4666

I would like my stimulus to go direct deposit instead of the Turbo Card.

The IRS will use the DD info printed on your tax return.  The question to Intuit/GreenDot remains...  If those numbers are the same as the ones that are displayed as the in the TurboCard app under the "Direct Deposit" page will the stimulus just show up there or will we be forced to go through some extra unnecessary steps in order for that to happen.

Disscussion
Returning Member

Has anyone received their stimulus payment yet?  I am wondering because the SBTPG website states that the IRS says most payments should be received by April 15th.   Here is the most up to date information on the website for SBTPG, which is the bank that issued the Greendot TurboTax Debit Cards, and some information I copy and pasted from this website regarding answers. 

Answers to Common Questions

I paid for tax preparation using Santa Barbara TPG this tax season. How will I receive my Economic Impact Payment?

The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that requested a direct deposit disbursement or applied for a new debit card when they prepared their own return online. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that requested a check printed from their tax professional's office, Walmart Direct2Cash or a Walmart MoneyCard issued by their tax professional.

If a payment is returned to the IRS (Ex. bank account is closed), the IRS will mail a check to the taxpayer.

In the rare event that payments are inadvertently sent to TPG, a plan is in place to help identify and expedite the return of these payments to the IRS so that the IRS can reissue payments directly to affected taxpayers as soon as possible. If we are unable to identify the payment as an Economic Impact Payment, the deposit will be processed as a federal refund, with all associated fees withheld from the deposit amount.

We understand that taxpayers need their refund or EIP more than ever, so we are committed to getting money to taxpayers as quickly and easily as possible.

It's obvious that most of us that used either TurboTax H&R Block Jackson Hewitt or any of the many various tax preparers have yet to receive our stimulus payments yet. Why is that? Is it true that there are some of these companies charging people to get their payments because they were deposited in to that companies account? Is turbo Tax one of those? It's just absolutely unreal! And YES i have went to the Get my Payment link on the IRS website and it tells me that there  isnt a date for my check to be issued yet. but that it will be direct deposited. Am I gonna get it or not? I mean heck there's people who have been deceased receiving it? I understand that it's alot for the IRS but there should be able to be some answers given! I would like my answers ASAP!

Just got my check in the mail today. TT is a joke

They can make up all the excuses they want,I'm forsure not using them again!

What did the "get my payment" portal tell you about your payment? Mine says I'm eligible and it will be deposited into the account shown below (which is correct as far as I can tell because I changed it the day the portal opened because no one could give us any straight answers when it said it had no DD info on file for me) but at this time there is no payment date. One will be posted as soon as we have a date. and that's what it's been saying for 2 weeks now! I dont know but there's alot of crap going around and it's hard not to believe it now! And anyone that says just be patient and blah blah blah obviously has no clue! People need that money. SOME have most definitely EARNED that money!! But I was just curious. THank you for letting me know. Mine could be in my mail box now..I dont know 

Same issue here. Put my correct information into the IRS portal and they are still not giving me a date. Should have just let them send me a check I guess.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies