Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kblue068

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get loaded to my turbo card?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

40 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding this. We will have more information once the government provides the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus

You should update the IRS about any applicable address change you may have had since you filed your most recent tax return. Please refer to Update My Information for more information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Which is correct JeanneO?

you said Thursday this,

Yes, if you successfully filed your federal tax return and Turbo Visa Debit Card was listed as the direct deposit method on your federal tax refund for 2019. Please see these FAQ's about information from the IRS regarding anticipated economic impact payments:

Then yesterday you said this,

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding this. We will have more information once the government provides the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates.

Which is right?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@Molliepops02 We are providing updated information as it comes available. Currently, we are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the economic impact payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. The links @JeanneLO provided will be updated as new information is available. 

Savannahlovvee
Returning Member

Any updates? They just announced direct deposits will go out next week so I’m hoping there is more information now.

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

It is still to be determined if the deposit will go through the third party processing bank. We are currently working with the IRS to determine how the stimulus payments will be issued. We will update this page when more information is available:

CARES Act - Stimulus Payment Information - Santa Barbara Tax Products Group

If the IRS does not use the TurboTax card, please see the information below the IRS has posted:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Please see the information from the IRS below, regarding the stimulus checks:

Economic impact payments: What you need to know

Please check for updates here: Coronavirus Tax Relief

This is the same information I've been getting. And it says nothing about sending it to the turbo card. If the IRS can send tax money to the card, why can't they add the stimulus to the card?

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

"We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

Cten

I used turbo debit for 2019 taxes and direct deposit for 2018 taxes - which place would I see the DD? 

If the IRS does not use turbo debit card for DD will they automatically reroute to 2018 DD info or am I going to have to wait to see a paper check? 

I tried to use the link to update my direct deposit information, but it would not allow me to since I already filed 2019 taxes. 

MayaD
Expert Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

So are they or aren’t they cause if they started issuing them today I wanna know if my current prepaid debit card from green dot from you guys is active for it or not.. cause you guys gave the cards routing and account number but I’m seeing people are saying it’s not Gunna get loaded onto it

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

We may have to be patient a little as the IRS is working fervently to get information out on this issue. We all hope something definite will be out this week or early next week.

I just got this from sbtg 

E492DA4B-4B54-4E14-ACB2-A0AB306E89F8.png

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

"We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

How is it that the first round of stimulus payments were released today and there is STILL no definitive answer for those of us that have been asking if our stimulus payments are going to be applied to our Turbo Cards? Why is this so difficult to answer? You'd think applying the stimulus payments to a card that was good enough to receive our refunds on would be a no brainer but for NO ONE to have an answer by now is ridiculous. So when are we pathetic nobodies with pre paid cards entitled to know how and where we will receive our stimulus payments?? Please someone figure this out!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies