Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get loaded to my turbo card?

No, there aren't, unfortunately.  We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these types of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

@Kmc84

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Lg9369
Returning Member

I used turbotax card this year and my regular bank last year where would they send the deposit 

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these types of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

@Lg9369

Lg9369
Returning Member

Did you understand the question. If the irs has my banking information from 2018 would they use that card since the deposit cant be loaded on to this turbotax tax card. I don't even know why I use this card this year because I didn't recieve any cash advance. I should've just use my regular bank account 

Deans1997

They’ve been saying waiting for further instructions from the irs for three weeks now. How do you not have a answer. Especially when you charge must people 40-100$ to just file there taxes and to get the card. This whole thing just sounds like some bs

Aliaja

“The IRS will be distributing Economic Impact Payments directly to taxpayers and TPG will not play a role in facilitating these payments. Unfortunately, TPG does not have any visibility into this information, therefore our agents cannot answer any questions regarding these payments.

The IRS will issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check will be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office or a debit card issued through Santa Barbara TPG.“ so the answer is no guys. Green dot is associated with Santa Barbra.

So has the IRS advised y’all yet because this is the week they’re starting to get released and I think it’s only fair that y’all have the info we as customers deserve to have

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

In order to deliver money as quickly as possible to those who need it, the IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose to receive their refund via direct deposit into their checking account.  These taxpayers will automatically have their stimulus payment deposited into the account they received their refund.  We have not yet received confirmation from the IRS on whether they will be putting stimulus payments on prepaid debit cards.  However, we have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in tax year 2019 or 2018.  If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in tax year 2018 or 2019, here is what you need to know: 

• I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do.  If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit. 
  • I don't have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly.  We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible. 
Mrsmda89

Why is it you guys have such limiyed information? My husbands bank gave is full detailed information LAST WEEK, I want to know wlif and when those of us stuck with these garbage cards will recieve it either deposited on the card or in a check... Also we had our state taxes put in our bank account does the irs see that as well? Because you guys have that info and it should show on our tax forms... Stop passing the buck and give accurate information.... If you reply with that same bull crap we will inform when the government updates.... Well thats a week ago you should have accurate info by now.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Select this IRS site https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments.  Select the get payment option and this will give you refund status. The IRS has not made this function usuable yet  but check back at this site when IRS does activate it. This is the only place where you can check the status of your payment. This is as accurate information that i can give you.

Cten

https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-wmsp/ The status function is now available. 

I received my refund on a turbo debit card and the status when I checked it said they did not have my DD info, despite the banking info for turbo debit being on my 2019 return. 

I updated my info in about 5 minutes and the status will be updated 1x per day. Not sure how long we will have to wait from input of info to receiving payment. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies