Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

For those of you that Actually Said they have called and that they have Confirmed, that they will be getting the checks Direct deposit please come back and let us know by April 13th is you have received yours. I also Work at a call center I know what it takes for people to give you answers to give you off the phone. But when you guys Can show me that you received your money then I will believe it- THANKS 

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

Check lines 21 b. and d. and see i’m what direct deposit info is one there. It will show the routing number and account number. If it matches the green dot bank account number and routing number then I don’t see where the issue would be unless TurboTax did not auto fill the correct info. But mine is correct.

Dizziedez

I was told that if the turbo card is active it will go onto the card.

@guitarman4875  You’re being exceptionally rude. These TurboTax employees are people too. This is a completely new process. It is not up to them to do anything IMMEDIATELY. They are doing their jobs. As they’ve posted multiple times it’s up to the IRS to decide how they want to handle the TurboCards. If you want to complain and be a jerk, call the IRS. 

Wow these employees have made my mind up about your company Turbo Tax! You have employees throwing out random answers. One says yes it will go on their card ! One answers No it will not! Then You have Dave who wants to be a smart a@@ and make people second guess about ever using your product again! These consumers chose your product because you made the money available to them faster but failed to let them know that they might want to use their real bank account information because their fake turbo card  (even though it says you can sign up for direct deposit with your employer, or add money from certain locations) good thing I didn’t change my direct deposit from my employer to your company because from what I gather the incompetent employees tell you anything they want to say without knowing facts! Turbo tax I guess the main question is how do you get a job with your company? Obviously you do know background checks from your employees and anyone that is employed there can answer consumers questions on your site

I called and was told it's going on my card lol call yourself is my recommendation it's the only thing that helped me

What's sickening is not only was I dooped into paying for a tax preparation service that was supposed to be "free", I was then charged $40 so that those specific preperation fees could be taken out of my refund, and now those exact fees that I never wanted to begin with are going hold up my stimulus payment when I need it the most. Why cant SBTPG just disburse the payment? We actually paid them and they still aren't willing to help us when emerald card and other companies never charged their customers a dime, for filing, for having fees taken and so on, they are still helping their customers who never paid anything. 

Flathead1969
Returning Member

Will my stimulus check co.e on my turn card

Right it would make total sense  my turbo card on the direct deposit so why it gotta so difficult 

Sjones23
Returning Member

Screenshot_[phone number removed]05_Office.jpg

According to this we will get it on the turbo card

Thts from January tho says nothing about the stimulus 

Will my stimlush check will deposited into my turbo prepaid card

@Sjones23 did they send you that letter? 

I've seen a lot of yes and no answers on here.. And it mainly seems like turbo tax employees don't have a definitive answer. The turbo tax cards are issued through Santa Barbara Tax Group. If you go to their website it says people who got their refunds on one of their cards will not be getting the stimulus on it, but instead will get a paper check. 

@Sjones23 - please go back through that contract and look for references to Greendot bank.... beyond what you posted, what else does it have to say about the debit card? 

There appear to be many variations of how these cards are provided to taxpayers and it is possible that each permutation has a different result with respect to the stimulus being deposited onto the card

1) taxpayer simply wants the refund loaded onto a card; they pay for their TT fees separately (greendot provides the card as they are the Bank)

2) taxpayer wants the refund loaded on the card and for the fees to be withheld from the refund (greendot provides the card as they are the Bank and Sbtpg is the service provider that withholds the fees for TT)

4) taxpaper wants the refund loaded on the card AND WANTS an advance loan as well (greendot provides the card as they are the Bank, First Century Bank is the lender and the one taking the risk that the refund occurs and they use BorrowerWorks to do all the servicing relating to the loan)

all roads lead to Greendot which is where the money resides as represented by the card balance. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies