Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Lexus05

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

Since they will not deposit it to the turbo tax card, how do you update so they can deposit it in a bank? I thought the turbo tax card has a bank attached to it. 

Ctate0917
Returning Member

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

My card is still active and that is the dd info on my 1040 why wouldn't they use that account to dd the stimulus check?

Im very confused. I have been told that as long as my turbo card is active. Yes my stimulus check will be deposited same way my tax return was. I have read this also in several places. I have not seen where they are bypassing your turbo card for a check . 

The1ancha11
Returning Member

Who is right?! I have no idea what's going on with TurboTax, just give us an answer

Why would they not deposit it onto the turbo card? 

I just got off the phone with an agent who works for the card services and he said he has no idea? Like wtf, seems really odd if it doesn’t go on your card.

I just got off the phone with an agent who works for the card services and he said he has no idea? Like wtf, seems really odd if it doesn’t go on your card.

Please explain why we won't be getting them on our turbocards. If we can have employer direct deposits, then this shouldn't be an issue. Why wouldn't you be able to build us a portal to update our banking information as you did similar for non customers? I have been with you guys for 10 years, I must say it's kind of disturbing that you're basically telling us that we have to wait for our checks while we have to stand by and watch you help everyone else get theirs weeks before us. 

Will my stimulus check be on my turbo tax card

I still do not understand what "guidance" you guys need. you allow employers to do direct deposit to the turbo card so this really shouldn't be any different. It's a routing number with an account number is it not? 

Yeah Dave, that's not helpful as there is a routing & account number on the 1040s for the turbo card for direct deposit. 

amellem08
Returning Member

So this reply completely counteracted the other tax employees reply. So yes or no are the turbotax cards considered direct deposit information? And will the check go onto the turbotax card?

Jades87
Returning Member

Just curious as to why we would have to update the DD info with the IRS if they already have it on file with our 2019 taxes? The turbo card routing and account numbers are both listed on the tax form. They won't be issuing the stimulus check with that information?

Earlier in the day of the 7th a tax expert replied that the stimulus check was not going to be deposited into the turbo tax debit card. But now you’re saying it will. Are you confident it will be deposited into my turbo tax debit card?  I can’t wait until August for the money. I’m getting worried. 

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

"We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies