Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Rianj28

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

Will the check go to the address it has on file for my 2019 return??

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Will my stimulus check get deposited in my turbo tax prepaid card account ??

Turbotax is going to loose so much business if those payments dont go to the cards.  The only reason I choose the card was for the refund advance...which never happened and I wasn't given the option to switch to my regular bank after the fact.  

I’m showing 2 different answers in this forum and would like to clarify which one is correct. Will my stimulus check will be deposited on the turbo card or will I be sent a check? 

Since it's Turbo Tax who pushed Turbo Cards on us, which directly resulted in postponement of payment until AUGUST, I propose they do an advance for the amount we would be receiving. They already have the tax information, it's not like they won't know how much we are eligible to receive. 

This is now the 3rd different answer that I’ve seen and this just makes no sense. 

There is Conflicting answers on this question on your help forum, will we receive the money in the turbo account since it’s got a routing and checking number also including the card or will we need to file direct deposit info when the portal is available?

Jdbrack1

Any update on this since they are supposed to releasing some deposits today???

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

This reply is the latest and most accurate information that TurboTax has regarding if your stimulus check will be deposited to your prepaid card.  The IRS has the final say as to where the stimulus check will be deposited and until they publish that information it is not possible to provide you with a yes or no answer to your question.

"We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Where did this information come from? Everything I've read says otherwise. 

How so? It's just an advance. They used the advance to get us to use their card, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do the same for this.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

This reply is the latest and most accurate information that TurboTax has regarding if your stimulus check will be deposited to your prepaid card.  The IRS has the final say as to where the stimulus check will be deposited and until they publish that information it is not possible to provide you with a yes or no answer to your question.

"We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:IRS Coronavirus Tax ReliefTurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates"

great statement j was thinking the same thing! We are existing customers Chime us even giving there card holders before anybody! We can’t register to have our info updated and people that aren’t customers can! This don’t make sense

Why can’t we just register with the new software for people who don’t need to file?

The card Has a routing and bank account number attached to it so why can we not receive it on this card it makes absolutely no sense if that’s the case and they’re gonna be losing a lot of business also they just made the new software for people to register for the stimulus check who don’t file taxes why can’t we just register on that as well

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies