Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is SBTPG holding refunds?

I have the same problem. SBTPG said they sent check and I filled out indemnity form got it notarized and still no check since August 3rd. Please email me the contact so I can request to have my check overnighted to me as well Please. please send info to [email address removed] or [email address removed]. Thank You God Bless

LCA043991
Returning Member

I don’t think the original commenter has been on her lately. @jnewman949 

@jnewman949 The filter removes email addresses from the user forum for your own protection.   Please do not try to post your personal information here on a public web site where it can be seen by scammers and would-be identity thieves who would love to contact you and pretend to be from TurboTax.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Don’t worry when file this lawsuit again TurboTax and sbtpg for withold refunds with no legitimate reason ama get us all paid 

AGREED. I reported them to irs gov. 

My husband has been to the IRS office about four times.  Today he went to the US Senator's local office.  

Leana1013

Did you speak to anyone? Have you received your refund yet?

This might be the most annoying and frustrating process that I have ever been in. I've been calling everywhere just to speak to a SBTPG representative to no one. IRS is telling me that my refund was sent 2 days ago to SBTPG and unfortunately when I look up it up it's saying nothing is owed to me which is not true. This is making me very uneasy and I am unfortunately going to have to call a lawyer because this is unacceptable. I can't speak with anyone about my refund but SBTPG has it and is making it seem like we get it right away which clearly isn't true. This whole process is pissing me off.

@Illeece 

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information
On this page you can also scroll down and click on Submit a request

Or https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com/

Call 1-877-908-7228

He just went to the senator's office this week.  I mailed a certified letter this week as well.  So haven't had time to get a response yet. 

@Illeece  Annoying, Frustrating, and disturbing. I’ve been waiting for over 8 months to no resolution whatsoever. I pray you don’t have to endure the same suffering I have while on this journey of obtaining MY MONEY. Again, MY HARD EARNED MONEY. This is totally unacceptable and fraudulent at its finest. These schemers have no right to blatantly hold taxpayers funds and continuously LIE as to why they’re not returning ‘em! I’m not sure how you chose to receive your funds (Via DD/deducted from your refund) but I encourage you “IF” advised to sign an indemnity bond form to receive your refund via printed check in the mail, only do it once. They’ll continue to state it was sent and you’ll have too keep filling one out and paying out of pocket for it to be notarized. Only for them to further bamboozle YOU. I’m done. I’ve reached out to FDIC, Federal reserve, and the IRS. If they don’t send my check back to the IRS as I opted soon, then there will be consequences and repercussions. I promise that. 

@DoninGA I wish y’all would stop giving BS replies that are irrelevant to our issue. There is truly 0 purpose of calling them frauds. They’re just gonna manipulate and lie and no one has time for that. GIVE US OUR MONEY. WE SHOULD’NT HAVE TO CALL THEM. SIMPLE. 😡

Count Me In! They all need too be SHUT DOWN. The NERVE of them. And these financial agencies overseeing them is becoming questionable as well. All of our funds should be expedited, expeditiously. Why the HELL should we have to suffer and wait until they’re ready to send OUR money. I’m pissed!! 🤬

@Illeeceomg the same thing is happening to me, so I called the IRS and they gave me the routing number and account number that my money was deposited to which is their bank, but TPG said that they won’t do anything about it until I wait until 5 business days have passed. Turbo tax even already took their fees from me in June so my money shouldn’t have even gone there. TT shouldn’t have done that but this tells me that they are aware of the problem and took their money from me even though we were contracted to have it taken from my refund just to ensure that their own asses got paid. Where’s our mf money?! Just send it!! 

the guy with IRS said that Turbo Tax is going to be investigated soon because they are aware of the issue with their bank process and refuse to do anything about it. I think that taking note of our cases.

we need to all do a class action lawsuit. This is all causing additional pain and suffering 

Is there a number I can call sbtpg on because I can’t get a live person and they are holding my refund as well 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies