Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

PLM1103
Returning Member

Why is my return still pending?

GaibiU,

Return (federal and state) is still in pending status now for 6 days.

No email from Turbotax/Intuit and still pending after 10pm PT, Friday February 19th, 2021.

So much for Turbotax resolving the issue.

I filed three different Federal returns *two on Feb 13 and one on Feb 15). All three remain in pending status Feb 20 at 6:39am EST.

Who do I contact for help?  I tried calling and the person was searching these forums for information...  I had already done that and pointed him to this message....

I filed this year with HR BLOCK cuz I wanted an advance. I had to call their customer service 2 weeks later when nothing was updating. It stated my return was rejected. Never happened before. I re-filed with TT same day and was accepted an hour later

It's long past 48 hours and my federal and state (Illinois) returns still show "Pending."  I filed on February 15th.  I've used TT for more than 20 years and never had to wait more than 4 hours for an acceptance.  I suspect there may be an issue with using drivers licenses for identification because any expiration date in 2020 was extended by the Secretary of State for a year because all the license offices in Illinois are closed due to Covid.  I wonder if they input that into their system.  But if that's the case, TT should have EASILY identified the issue and got it fixed.  TT needs to get this fixed and get my taxes filed.  I've waited long enough.

I filed my returns on Feb 13th.  Fed was accepted right away.  State (AZ) is still pending, 7 days later and after the 2/19 10pm PT timeline that TT said it should either be resolved or I should have an e-mail from them.  Still nothing.

What are the plans for resolving those that were not resolved within the 48 hours that you noted in your Feb 17th post?

@GabiU I am still in pending on both state and federal returns.

kevin98
Returning Member

@GabiU: I filed on February 4th and my federal and state returns are still pending with no updates. I haven't received any emails and the status in the desktop app still shows as pending.

Have you gotten any response? I haven’t received a response but I’m not seeing any newly updated posts or comments from anyone at TT either. 

I'm still pending after filing on 2/15.   I have not received any email from turbotax with any guidance or explanation.   I understand things happen, but once a 48 hr email was promised, SOME update after 48 hrs is due.

@GabiU 

I filed on 2/12. Both Federal and CA state are pending. I have not received any email (other than the Pending message). I've been checking status daily. 

Please help. For someone like me, this state of anxiety and waiting is tough. 

Fixed! After my CA return was marked "rejected"  and TT Premier updated itself , I then had to fix one thing and resubmit, and it was accepted!

D Pero
Returning Member

My federal and Mass returns have been pending since Feb 15.  Your email said pending returns would be cleared or an email sent to those impacted with instructions within 48 hours.  It's beyond that and I haven't received an email.  What do I do?

This year is the first year I've had problems with TurboTax.  Aside from the Pending issue, in the review/comparison part of my 2019 income was missing.  What's going on with your company and 2021 version?  I'm not at all happy about this. 

@GabiU I’m still pending as of today 

@GabiU  Yes I’m still pending as of today 

BryanP1
Returning Member

I submitted my Federal and State returns to TurboTax on 2/14.  I got an email saying they were both transmitted and I should hear if they are accepted or rejected within 24 to 48 hours.  It is now 2/20 and they are both still pending.  It looks like many others are having this problem.  The note from Turbotax said we should have heard something by Friday evening.  Nothing yet.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies