Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is my colorado state still pending

Then why are people getting instant accepted that filed last Friday

Does anyone know how to get a verification from TurboTax that our returns were actually uploaded? I smell a rat with TT!

Good question. My opinion is TT messed up and they were never submitted when should have been.

Because returns are processed electronically, it is totally unacceptable that returns are not yet processed 8 days after CO started processing returns!

All I want is proof from TurboTax that my CO state return was uploaded! Can't seem to get that from TT. There is no way to resend them from the TT software. I am considering printing and mailing the return.

Why did i get this email from TT today? Does it mean anything about my state refund coming? or are they just getting me excited for no reason? I already received my federal refund on the 14th and i'm still waiting for my colorado just like everyone else here... 

IMG_6596.png

tjbc
Level 3

wgilm53,

As soon as my returns (Federal and State) were submitted I received a confirmation email from TT stating the returns were successfully uploaded.  There is no option for me to attach the email for you to see, however the confirmation showed the returns that were transmitted and the time stamp when they were transmitted.  This is not new.  TT has done this for several years.

IMG_6597.png

well when i enter the amount of my TT refund it still says not received and my Tt says that my refund was sent on 02/13 and then when i enter the amount that i submitted directly through colorado revenue this is what i see.....

I'd suggest to just track on Dept of Revenue. Mine finally shows as received on their site this morning but still pending on TT

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Colorado started processing returns on February 12 thus there is a backlog of cases to be processed. Meanwhile you can check the progress of your return here by selecting the Where's My Refund Banner. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Mine finally shows received and reviewed this morning. as well.

Update to my earlier data point post:

My son's return, which he filed directly through CO website, has been processed and credited to his account.

My return, which I filed through TT a full week earlier, still doesn't even show up at all at the CO website.

Score: CO Rev 1, TT 0

How soon after filing did your son get paid?

I do believe one's Federal Tax Return has to be approved before the State of CO will approve. (They seem to be tied together.) Last year, it took 8 days to receive my refund from the Fed's from the date of transmission and 9 days to receive CO refund. In my case, I should see a Fed refund this year around Feb 25th and the state because of the delay 1-2 weeks after that. Early to mid-March. 

tjbc
Level 3

I submitted my Colorado State return through TT on Feb 10th.  I just received notification from TT that my state return has been accepted...Wahoo!!!

More and more returns are starting to come out of the "Colorado Created Black Hole" and are being accepted now!

Hang in there everyone!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies