Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is my colorado state still pending

Here is where I disagree with some of the statements being made on this. Not talking about refunds at this time just moving from pending to accepted. Not talking about someone having to enter a paper return into the CO system. This should be a electronic process where the TT system transmits the return and the CO electronic system receives the return. There should be little to not human slowing this process. Then the CO electronic system would process the return and check data against electronic files to see if additional checks are required. All should be automated and exception reports created and those returns require additional review. We are getting no real information on why the electronic process is not catching up. Would understand 2-3 weeks for manual returns not electronic returns.

This thread shows how privileged we have become as a society.  We wanted everything yesterday and we believe that "patience" is a town in Colorado somewhere.

Colorado State has communicated (a) that they would start accepting tax returns later than usual this year, and (b) that they have a delay in processing overall.  Several people posted in this thread that they spoke directly to the Colorado Dept of Revenue and received similar communication. 

Stop panicking, exercise some patience, and let's cheer when the first person posts in this thread to state that their State return has changed from "pending" to "accepted".  🙂

What an incredibly privileged comment. For some, getting the refund means being able to pay bills. Promptness is mandatory. Not everyone can be as chill (and apparently ignorant) as you. 

Bingo a lot of people need the money luckily I do not at the moment but I sure would like to have it because it's my money it's not the states it's not some dirt bag that refuses to work's money when they're perfectly able to it's not some illegal aliens money it is my money I would like to have it that's what it comes down to

100% agreed. Yes, it's frustrating, but in the not so distant past everything didn't happen instantaneously and we sometimes had to wait for things. This instant gratification society we are living in is getting out of control.

Wow. "Privileged?" Do you work for the state, @GoldenJourney ?

I've reached out to the department through phone calls and emails multiple times, hoping for updates. No reply to my email, no assistance via phone. The agent I spoke with was confused and repeatedly told me they haven't received my return... the fact that it was transmitted weeks ago confused her and then she "lost connection."

This lack of responsiveness has been both frustrating and concerning. What's particularly troubling is that the absence of clear communication has driven some taxpayers who have a TurboTax "PENDING" status to submit a return through the Colorado Revenue Online system, hence risking a duplicate return. If the Colorado Department of Revenue is expecting patience from taxpayers, they need to reciprocate by being more transparent with their communication. Explaining the delay for returns submitted via TT (or other eFile software) would be a step in the right direction, offering some assurance to taxpayers that their filings will be processed in due course. The fact that I had to learn about another 3-4 week delay by reading these comments, when I have received no communication like this from the state, is an issue. 

I filed Feb 1st. Already got my Federal back but Colorado still shows pending (Feb 20th).

tjbc
Level 3

For everyone who has filed your Colorado Tax return and your TT status is showing "Pending" and when you check your Colorado Refund Status it shows "Return Not Received or Not Yet Processed", we are stuck in the "Colorado Black Hole" until they (Colorado) clears the back log.  The latest update from the Colorado Tax Revenue help line is that it could take up to 3 to 4 weeks to clear this backlog.  They recommend NOT to file another return on the Colorado Revenue Tax site in an attempt to game the system.  If you do, your return will likely be delayed further because of duplicate returns.  Unfortunately and as hard as it is to do, we just need to endure the pain and be patient.

Corgi Mom

I, too, filed electronically on February 12, 2024. It is frustrating that we have received no acknowledgement that it has been received. I checked the Colorado Revenue site again today. I suppose patience is a virtue.

Ditto

I filed 1/31 & to this day my return still shows that it has yet to be received and or processed. On the 1st bar. It says allow 24 to 48 hours to see that it was received. But it's been 3 weeks if u count since the 31st and if ur counting since the 12th that's 8 days now! This has never happened before with just waiting to see if my return is even been received none the less processed. I am quite concerned why there is no progress for anyone commenting on this thread... what is really going on??!

Screenshot_20240220_171648_Samsung Internet.jpg

LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

The State of Colorado opened late for accepting returns and they are currently behind in accepting them. Please be patient and allow the State to process the large number of returns that came through to them all at the same time.

@KataNova 

Except people who are filing thru the states system are getting approved right away... Soo I think there is a reason to worry

Today is Feb 20th and my state return still has not been accepted. Colorado started processing returns on the 12th. I e-filed both Fed and State returns on Feb 2nd and I've received my Fed refund!

There was an article on line where Colorado Revenue admitted to an issue and said it could take 3 weeks or more for them to accept returns. I filed January 31 st it's still pending. My friend filled on Friday and was accepted right away for $1300 refund. To me it's another example of how poorly this state is run. So glad I'm moving out this summer. Hopefully I will have my refund by then. Won't use turbo next year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies