Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening NOW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is my colorado state still pending

So its definitely on TurboTax's end, something is wrong with their transmission system. I will try to file directly with CO and hopefully get the same results. Thanks

Well this is fun news. Any response to this turn of events from TurboTax reps or is it still, they've accepted them be patient?

when you file through colorado directly and they say your return has been accepted, it still says that it has NOT been accepted when you go to the colorado "where's my refund" tool. I hope i didn't just screw my own refund up by filing a double return because i listened to somebody's advice on here. 

I mean simple math suggests they can only process like 10-20k returns per day max based on how many employees they have doing it(maybe 100-200 out of 1,500 total employees), and there is likely a backlog of 100s of thousands of returns in the queue by now. Since they are only working on business days, and started on the 12th, there has only been 5 days of active processing. I would give it ~20 business days to see if they make progress. If still nothing by then I would contact someone from CO dept of Revenue. Just my 2 cents here, I am gonna wait a few more weeks and then start making some calls.

Nomar1

Settle down! Karens.

Adorable. Let's normalize incompetence. If you expect people to like do their jobs you're a Karen. Believe me, no one would have been cool with it and had patience if I wasn't paying taxes on my income every check.

tjbc
Level 3

My TT "Electronic Filing History" shows the following messages":

February 10, 2024  05:20pm  PST Colorado Individual
Your return has been received and will be forwarded to the taxing agency at the appropriate time.

( After the above message, I received several occurrences of these messages)
Colorado Individual
Your return has been received and will be forwarded to the taxing agency at the appropriate time.
Filing changed state to SUCCEEDED_AGENCY

(Following the above messages, I received several occurrences of these messages and I'm continuing to receive them, over and over)
Colorado Individual
Filling changed state to IN_AGENCY
Filing changed state to SUCCEEDED_AGENCY

Since these messages seem to be repeating, it gives the appearance that TT is stuck in a loop and something is not working correctly.

Can a TT employee or expert look into this and shed some light on what is happening and if this is a problem that needs to be addressed?

I submitted my Colorado state returns via TurboTax and it is showing Pending.  If I go to Colorado site, it shows that TurboTax has  not even submitted it yet...return has not been received.  I cannot update or resend anything from TurboTax.  How can I confirm if my Colorado return has been submitted?  This is very frustrating as I have never had this issue with TurboTax and this may be the reason I use another product next year.

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Colorado has advised taxpayers to give 2 weeks from the 12th before they start checking the status of their refund.  They have a backlog due to so many people filing returns prior to them being prepared to accept the returns.  Colorado State Tax Return Delay 

Basically, this means that TurboTax, along with every other Tax software company, put every one's CO return in the "electronic mailbox"  CO was not totally ready and so the "mailbox" is clogged up because they had over a months worth of "mail" in their box waiting for them that came in all at the same time from probably half of the 2.5 million people who file returns in CO through different tax software programs.  So, they keep having to unjam the "electronic mailbox" before they can accept more.  When TurboTax shows it as Pending, it does means, it has been sent to that electronic mailbox and then it is just waiting for the state to "sort through their mail".

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am experiencing the same issue. When I log on to the Colorado Department of Revenue's website, it says that my return has not been filed. According to Turbo Tax, it was filed several days ago. Can I get confirmation that my return was e-filed with the state?

Just got off with TurboTax they're saying Colorado's got it Colorado saying they don't same s***

Likewise - I just got off the phone. I submitted mine on 2/2. Colorado Dept of Revenue says they haven't received my TT return, which shows as "Pending" in TT Desktop. This doesn't sound like a problem isolated to Colorado Dept of Revenue, and I cannot get anyone at TT to assist.

Datbigboy1
Returning Member

Filing duplicates will def delay. Colorado is already watching out for fraud so doing something like that is just going to delay it more. 

tjbc
Level 3

I just got off the phone with a Colorado Tax Revenue agent and he told me that it will likely take about 3 to 4 weeks to clear up the backlog of tax returns in the queue waiting to be accepted and then processed.  I asked if he had the ability to look into the queue to see if my return was there and where it was at in line and he said that was not possible.  I also asked if it would cause problems for a tax payer to submit their tax return through tax software, like TT, and then (because of the backlog in their queue) submit a return through the Colorado Tax Revenue website.  His response was YES, it would absolutely cause an issue and would likely cause a further delay in processing that individuals tax return.  So he recommended NOT doing that.

I filed 2/2/24 it’s now 2/20/24 

still in the pending status …… 😕

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies