Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

tjbc
Level 3

Why is my colorado state still pending

More accurately, my TT "Electronic Filing History" shows the following messages":

February 10, 2024  05:20pm  PST Colorado Individual
Your return has been received and will be forwarded to the taxing agency at the appropriate time.

( After the above message, I received several occurrences of these messages)
Colorado Individual
Your return has been received and will be forwarded to the taxing agency at the appropriate time.
Filing changed state to SUCCEEDED_AGENCY

(Following the above messages, I received several occurrences of these messages and I'm continuing to receive them, over and over)
Colorado Individual
Filling changed state to IN_AGENCY

Since these messages seem to be repeating, it gives the appearance that TT is stuck in a loop and something is not working correctly.

Can a TT employee or expert look into this and shed some light on what is happening and if this is a problem that needs to be addressed?

Found this:

Federal Return

Received by TurboTax:
Wednesday, Jan 24, 11:20 PM EST
Received by IRS:
Thursday, Jan 25, 11:37 AM EST
Filing status changed to: Accepted
Thursday, Jan 25, 12:58 PM EST

Colorado Return

Received by TurboTax:
Monday, Feb 5, 3:47 PM EST
Received by Colorado:
Tuesday, Feb 13, 2:42 PM EST
Filing status changed to: Pending
Tuesday, Feb 13, 2:42 PM EST
tjbc
Level 3

Thanks, but mine is nothing like yours, mdotsn.

This is what mine shows

Federal Return

Received by TurboTax:
Tuesday, Jan 9, 4:43 PM EST
Received by IRS:
Wednesday, Jan 17, 11:27 AM EST
Filing status changed to: Accepted
Wednesday, Jan 17, 12:12 PM EST
Colorado Return

Received by TurboTax:
Thursday, Feb 1, 1:55 AM EST
Received by Colorado:
Tuesday, Feb 13, 2:34 PM EST
Filing status changed to: Pending
Tuesday, Feb 13, 2:34 PM EST

tjbc
Level 3

mdotsn & Salsashark,

I wish my filing history looked like yours.  I would feel more confident Colorado is in receipt of my return.

I'm sure the messaging is different between the various TT products.  Why is it that TT developers can't make the messaging the same across all their TT products (not for either of you to answer)?  I have the TURBOTAX DESKTOP ADVANTAGE PREMIER software, which obviously doesn't have very good messaging for the consumer.

jjoshau
Returning Member

I'm in the same boat, I filed February 3rd via a desktop application. Looking at my E-Filing status, I see more than a dozen:

Colorado Individual
Filling changed state to IN_AGENCY

jjoshau
Returning Member

Just got off the phone with a TT rep that said "They've accepted, be patient."

I guess I'll take comfort in knowing I'm not the only one in the dark.

If you had taken the time to read through this entire comment thread then you would better understand what the real issues are here, and why many of us are concerned about whether the delays in receiving returns is the fault of Colorado or of TurboTax. Some of the commenters on here are TurboTax employees doing PR work to protect the company from embarrassment and/or losing customers, and they are consistently seeking to shift responsibility from the company to either the software users (us) or the state. The one insinuating that I didn't understand how to properly electronically file my state return is the one who insulted my intelligence, and I called it out when I saw it. If that bothers you, then so be it. People who file on Colorado's website are getting their returns accepted immediately, while those of us who filed through TT much earlier are still waiting. Objecting to that apparent disparity is not panicking, it's protesting. We all paid extra to file electronically through TurboTax, and we are entitled to high quality service. If the lack of such quality service doesn't bother you, then scroll on by any comments that you don't like.

Tjbc I don't have a ton of faith it's actually with CO Dept of Rev. If people filing today directly are having their returns accepted and my actions items on CO Dept of Revenue say "Your return needs to be filed" - I am not sure what part of that either TurboTax or the responding tax exports thing should be making me feel like all is normal.

Filed it on the 14th of Feb still pending, How long will it take for Colorado to accept this return? Do I need to print it and mail it out?

jjoshau
Returning Member

100% - I'm considering filing a second time directly through the Colorado website. I'm assuming either way, I'll be out the $20 I paid intuit... lessons learned, likely the last year I'll use their software.

bbuller

Any update on this? I filed on the 13th & it says it hasn’t been received or processed on the Colorado website, but turbo tax says it is pending since. It is February 19th now. 

No update yet

Well, folks, I found the solution to our delayed filing problem tonight, but you might or might not like it. Tired of waiting for TurboTax to transmit our electronically filed returns to Colorado, I logged in to my Colorado Department of Revenue online account and, as usual, it still showed that the return I filed through TurboTax on 2/2/2024 had not been received. Curious, I clicked the link saying "File Your Return" (or something close to that) and was presented with the opportunity to file directly with the Colorado Department of Revenue. I pulled out the printed copy of my 2023 Colorado return and began typing in the numbers in the fields presented. After about 30 minutes, I was done. After verifying one more time that my return had still not been received, I clicked the "send" button and <Boom!> Colorado immediately accepted my return. Not only did it accept my return, I received numerous email confirmations from the state, and the amount of my pending refund displayed prominently on the state's webpage. I suppose at some unspecified point in the near (or distant) future, TurboTax may finally get around to transmitting the return as well, but I'm expecting it to bounce back as simply a duplicate filing without causing any real problems. Who cares? It was quick, easy and, best of all, free! I will NEVER again pay an additional fee to file my Colorado return, and you don't need to either!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies