Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hatcherfamily1st
Returning Member

Why is it taking so long to go through its been more than a week

But it's not showing they even received it
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

The IRS will not process returns until January 27. 

They keep saying because irs doesn't accept till the 27th, but every one I know who doesn't use turbo tax has been accepted. I think some thing is going on with them. Maybe because of the lawsuit they have going against them right now. I wish they'd answer truthfully so I can refile some where else.

@Mmiller886 wrote:

They keep saying because irs doesn't accept till the 27th, but every one I know who doesn't use turbo tax has been accepted. I think some thing is going on with them. Maybe because of the lawsuit they have going against them right now. I wish they'd answer truthfully so I can refile some where else.

"every one I know who doesn't use turbo tax has been accepted"

And everyone who filed with H&RB says the same thing.  And everyone that filed with TaxAct says the same thing.  And everyone that filed with a CPA says the same thing.

Ever since the IRS started accepting electronically filed tax returns almost two decades ago, the IRS will, each tax year, pull small batches of tax returns from all the various tax return providers to test the IRS systems for accuracy.  The Vast majority of tax returns will not be accepted or rejected until the IRS starts processing the backlog of returns on and after the official start date.  For tax year 2019 the official start date is January 27 - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies