Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why I can’t see and print the state taxes in turbo tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

53 Replies

Please follow the instructions below to preview your tax return before filing.

How do I preview my TurboTax Online return before ...

Please follow the instructions below for a copy of your tax return after filing.

How do I get a copy of a return I filed this year ...

I have the same problem for Maryland State taxes. and am eager to solve it as despite the fact that I couldn't print the state return to PDF or a printer, e-file allowed me to submit. A few hours later it was accepted by the state. However, I still can't document my return.  I receive the following error message:

" Your (state) return(s) is currently unavailable to view, print, or download because some of its form haven't been finalized yet"

My question is then why was the form eligible to be filed?

In my case (see below) the problem for before and after filing are the identical.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@PhotonMaker There are some cases in which a digital form for e-filing is available, but the print form is not yet available.  Visit the following Help Article and click on your TurboTax product, then click on View availability next to your state, to view the forms availability table for individual tax returns:  State forms availability table for TurboTax individual ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you, that explains things. I wish that link had been provided with the printing error!

Maryland Form 502, Resident Income Tax Return:  Print: 02/10/2022; E-file: available

Same I cannot print my State tax return for my records I hope Turbo Tax has an answer for this soon, not sure I'll risk this issue again filing my return next year.

Same issue for me with the NJ State return I cannot print a copy for my records even after a 2 hour support session with Turbo Tax support I am still unable to print the state return I efiled 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@2022NJStateTax

There are some instances in which a digital form for e-filing is available, but the print form is not yet available.  Visit the following Help Article and click on your TurboTax product, then click on View availability next to your state, to view the forms availability table for individual tax returns:  State forms availability table for TurboTax individual ...

rcalalang

why can't I see and print the Maryland State Tax?

Please follow the instructions below to preview your tax return before filing.

How do I preview my TurboTax Online return before ...

Please follow the instructions below for a copy of your tax return after filing.

How do I get a copy of a return I filed this year ...

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

@rcalalang

The Maryland income tax return and some forms have not been finalized and approved for use by the state of Maryland. Please see the TurboTax FAQ State forms availability for an approximate date the return/forms should be ready to E-file or print.

Even though the NJ1040 Resident Return shows as available on the forms list, I am still unable to print it.  I e-filed on 2/7 and returns showed as accepted on 2/8.  Today, 2/9, I'm still unable to print.  What am I missing here?  What am I doing wrong?

Knana
Returning Member

I have called Turbo Tax 3 different times and had lengthy conversations with no results. I was told form’s haven’t been approved yet. I called the State of NJ today and they told me state forms have been approved since mid January. The issue is on TurboTax’s end. The program won’t let you print or view until all the forms have been entered.  I was given a date of February 17th.  2022. Also told: Or it could be a disc error and I should take it back to Costco where I bought it.  And then buy it somewhere else.  I have used TurboTax for years and have always been happy with it.  Can’t say that this year. Thinking about changing to another program if this isn’t up and running by Feb. 17th.  I also need to purchase a second state. I am holding off on that as well. 

I just spotted a message posted about 11 hours ago that TurboTax was in the process  of updating NJ tax forms and to give the process a few days.  I'm going to try again tomorrow or Friday since I need my NJ state return for a Medicare form submission.  Very frustrating to say the least...and strange - especially since a message was already received yesterday indicating the returns were accept by both the Fed and State.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies