Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why does the irs website say my information doesn’t match when I go to look up my refund I filed over 3 days ago and it says they accepted my return

Omg @Rachelsheltondill  this is so not fair! Bs.

Why does the irs website say my information doesn’t match when I go to look up my refund I filed over 3 days ago and it says they accepted my return

after 37 times I finally got through the IRS. My info still doesn't show up when I check my refund status. I still get "information doesn't match," the IRS lady said it's taking 21, 31, up to 41 days to process refunds. I'm now at 31 days. She said the IRS website tool and IRS to go is not being updated so we cant use it. She said if the IRS sent you an email saying they accepted your return then they have it, they will process it, and that we all need to just wait. It sucks because I didn't get my 2nd stimulus check and I really need my refund money. So all I can do is just wait. She said if I don't have it by day 31 then I need to call back. UGHHH I hope this helps

SAlford30
Returning Member

Why does the irs website say my information doesn’t match when I go to look up my refund I filed on March 5th and it's being saying incorrect amount doesn't match with the information that they have

The Sam thing has happened to me with my federal refund! I think it was taken for a government debt owed! And I did have a recovery rebate done on my 2020 return so I'm thinking I'll get $600  also which is my stimulus I never got!

No, and I STILL haven’t received my refund or a date. In fact it changed again... the bar is gone and so is the tax topic. I can already tell you that I entered  the wrong dollar amount for the first stimulus check. I swear after last year I tried to be so careful! It took me 8,9 months to get last years taxes because I didn’t enter my health insurance from the marketplace. This year I put that I received 1200 dollars for the first stimulus when I received 1700. Sh** I’m so upset with myself for not thinking it through better. A lot of people are still waiting with no mistakes. The taxes will come but I bet our stimulus comes first. 

Same happening to myself, accepted 2/16 and still nothing. IRS says my info doesn’t match. 

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please see below for reasons why you may be unable to track the status of your refund. You can also try calling the WMR automated hotline at 1-800-829-1954 to check the status of your refund. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/why-is-there-no-record-of-my-return-at-where-s-...

It's happening to everyone. All tax returns are delayed. After 37 calls to the IRS, I got in touch with a live person who told me they are very behind on processing all returns. If you added in the 2nd stimulus check, earned income credit, head of household, dependants, etc it's taking much longer, it's day 31 and still no refund. I don't show anything on the IRS website, toll-free number, or IRS TOGO, it says " my information is incorrect" my son is at day 21 and his says "processing" but no refund date is there, my daughter did see a bar and now its gone and nothing else shows up, The IRS said they can't keep up with the website so it's not updating but they are trying to update as they go but it's not correct so don't go by anything it says. They told me it could take another week before I see my taxes but I have a bad feeling it's going to take longer than another week.  If I still dont see my refund by day 41 then I will try to call them again but it's the IRS hands and all I can do is wait. I will probably get the 3rd stimulus check before my taxes HAHA

BTW I hate the IRS!!!!

@Lisashay112  You are correct, it is very difficult to reach the IRS at this moment.  I have some information that might be of use to you.  It's possible that you can get what you need through your IRS account.  Here is the information, in case it is useful to you or anyone else experiencing difficulty accessing information.

You can check the status of your return not only through TurboTax, but also through the IRS website using your IRS Online Account.

Online Account is an online system that allows you to securely access your individual account information.  You can view:

• The amount you owe, updated for the current calendar day
  • Your balance details by year
  • Your payment history and any scheduled or pending payments
  • Key information from your most recent tax return
  • Payment plan details, if you have one
  • Digital copies of select notices from the IRS
  • Your Economic Impact Payments (EIP 1 and EIP 2), if any

You can also:

• Make a payment online
  • See payment plan options and request a plan via Online Payment Agreement
  • Access your tax records via Get Transcript

Here is the link to see your Online Tax Account.

I Need Help! I'm Not Understanding! Why It Says I'm Entering The Wrong Information! Is It Because, I Mailed My Taxes! Still, No Information! It's Been Since March 20,2020! WOW! What Should I Do! I Can't File Again! And I Don't Know What Happened The First Time! I'm Really Confused And Heart Broken! I Did Pray About It! 

I Called The Number It Says The Same Thing From The Website! They Can't Provide Any Information! What Is Going On! 

I just wanted to update everyone. I'm now at day 32 and still no taxes. When I called the IRS she said to wait another week so 2-19 will be day 41. If I don't see my taxes in my account I was told to call back ( If I can get through to get a live person ) I still see "my information doesn't match on the website so it looks like they haven't even started processing my return yet. My son still shows "processing but no refund date available" and daughter shows " no bar now and no information" she did see a bar but it's gone. 

I try to update everyone so you all know it's not just you. We are still waiting for the IRS to update/process our returns. This could take a while. I will try to call the IRS again to see if I can get another update. 

Kaykay1619
Returning Member

**bleep** turbo tax the irs toook all my money and said payed off my debts ??? I never expeirienced this before **bleep** this **bleep** my readjusted return is now 0 from 8000

Alangdon

Did you ever figure it out? 

I'm still waiting on my return. The last time I called they said it's been delayed by 2 weeks. I'm now at day 35 and still no tax money. I called the IRS 100 times today and didn't get through. I hope I can get through tomorrow. It's a joke and the IRS website and IRS ToGo is all not working still and the information is not updating. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies