turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Wheres' my refund it's been 4 months - no notes, no letters from IRS - "just being processed message" inquiry filed w/IRS - still waiting since Feb 1st.

The irs creates the confusion. CPA amended mine, they received on April 16, says completed on Aug 2, no letter, phone calls a waste of time waiting hours with no explanation. Not sure why it would take 6 weeks or more after completion to send check. By saying “completed” with no further info, you immediately think the postal service lost it or delivered to wrong house. They need to be clear. If it takes 6 months after the 4 I already waited, they should just say so, then I wouldn’t be wondering wth. It would be nice if others who actually received it could say how long it took. There’s not an issue with mine from the calls I made other than they haven’t sent one dang thing. 

Wheres' my refund it's been 4 months - no notes, no letters from IRS - "just being processed message" inquiry filed w/IRS - still waiting since Feb 1st.

Filed Jan 27, got accepted Jan 28. At first it was taking long and i get to late Feb and got my state, so im thinking ok maybe in a few days my fed will come in. At that point my car was messing up and i lost my job and became homeless and my car note was 600 behind. Fast forward now im in April, I've spoken to advocates and the irs many times and it's not on my end. This past Friday I just lost my car so now I have nothing and nowhere to go with the coronavirus going on and they dont give to *bleeps*. But i worked hard for that money.

Morissaw

I am also having this issue this year. All my extended family have gotten both their returns and their stimulus check, (and they filed after us). We filed January 28th, 2020, and our status is still “processing”. When we called the IRS they said the latest it could be was April 15th, but that’s come and gone and we have no one to ask because the irs closed their call centers. We are really really worried and struggling financially. Please help. 

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

I'm sorry you are having a problem with this. Unfortunately, there is nothing TurboTax can do to help you with this. Once you file your tax return, you are the only one that can deal with the IRS to find out what the status of your refund is.

You will have to call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am in same situation. I filed and it was accepted Feb 1st. Site states I would be receving a letter. No letter, nothing and I can't reach anyone either. It is so frustrating. Now its May!

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends. 

The IRS issues a lot of refunds within 21 days, but it has been taking longer with the stimulus payment being issued in addition to the tax refunds. 

IRS processing time and refund status 

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

Also, be aware, the IRS operations are limited during the Covid-19 pandemic.  Attached is a link with more information as to what departments are available to contact at the moment.

IRS operations

Thank you! Just so frustrating. Waiting on refunds since Feb. and no reason no letter.  NYS refund not recd yet either. NYS said their W2s didnt match what I entered into Turbo Tax. They requested I scan them my W2s which I did in early March. The W2s had been  entered correctly. If the employers W2 and my filing crossed in the system and they had not recd my employers this might be the problem with Fed. too but leaves us hanging.

I'm in the same boat right now. I filled in February got a letter said it'll be until April  when I would receive or hear something. It is now may I haven't heard anything haven't received my refund and haven't received a stimulus.  It's crazy because we have no one to ask and talk to. Very frustrating 

Same here no refund filed in January and no stimulus 

sadly this is common.  IRS is short on staff due to pandemic and giving priority to stimulus payments    General phone lines are closed. try the IRS tax advocate. get the phone number by selecting your state in the drop-down box.  warning many IRS offices are also closed so you may not get through.    

https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/contact-us

kacapone

Been waiting since Feb 1.  nothing from the IRS.  when I call it says they are closed and it hangs up on me.  Not sure why the IRS is closed since it is essential business.  However if we owed them money I guarantee they would be breaking down the door. 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

IRS operations have been limited during the Covid-19 pandemic. 

Attached is a link with more information as to what departments are available to contact at the moment.

IRS operations

Anonymous
Not applicable

The solution is obvious! Simply deduct your missing refund from the taxes you'll owe this year. If they call to complain, put them on eternal hold with some pleasant elevator music.

Wesnash
Returning Member

i have not received my refund yet and i followed your instructions on how to get a live person on the phone and i have gotten 1 live person and they couldn't give me any information and so thet transferred me to someone else but i never got to speak with them because i was disconnected it said because of the high volume of calls there was no one to answer and it hung up on me. I tried calling a Tax advocate and again no live person and said they would call me back to leave a number and my name but nothing and i have been calling the IRS 4 or so times a day and the  Local tax advocate 3 times a week. So how do i find out what is going on and what do i need to do. It is kinda a  Emergency now with me not working because of the virus thing. I'm about to lose all i have so any help will be grate. I just need to get someone on the phone

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

There is a delay in processing the returns as the IRS is not processing paper returns at the moment due to Covid-19 and social distancing policies in effect.  

IRS operations

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies