turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where the hell my money at my stimulus money no pending no email no nothing but tomorrow is the 15th

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where the hell my money at my stimulus money no pending no email no nothing but tomorrow is the 15th

Swearing won't help!! TurboTax DOES NOT issue the stimulus money or get any information about your stimulus money.  The IRS does & they don't send you a notice when it is deposited.   You would have to check your bank account.  You should get a letter after your receive the stimulus money stating how much you should have received.

Who is getting the money first

The people getting theirs first are the ones who filed tax returns in 2018 or 2019 and received funds through direct deposit. People who didn’t file taxes, are very low income or are older and don't need to file will have to wait for their money. Any paper checks should go out starting early May.

Elise Gould, a senior economist with the Economic Policy Institute, said some might not see the money until mid-summer.

“There’s going to have to be a way to collect their information, and that process could take a couple months,” Gould said.

What if the IRS doesn't have my current bank info for direct deposit?

The IRS is creating a web portal where users can check the status of their stimulus payments. It will launch this week. The site will also have a feature to enter your bank account information if the IRS doesn’t already have it from a 2018 or 2019 refund. The IRS expects this to launch this tool by Friday, April 17.

Check this page to view the stimulus check tracker info and look for the "Get My Payment" button, when it launches.

On the web: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

Stimulus check tracker

The coming IRS web portal will also let users check the status of their stimulus payments. The IRS expects this to launch by Friday, April 17.

Check this page to view the stimulus check tracker info and look for the "Get My Payment" button, when it launches.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Swearing won't help!! TurboTax DOES NOT issue the stimulus money or get any information about your stimulus money.  The IRS does & they don't send you a notice when it is deposited.   You would have to check your bank account.  You should get a letter after your receive the stimulus money stating how much you should have received.

Who is getting the money first

The people getting theirs first are the ones who filed tax returns in 2018 or 2019 and received funds through direct deposit. People who didn’t file taxes, are very low income or are older and don't need to file will have to wait for their money. Any paper checks should go out starting early May.

Elise Gould, a senior economist with the Economic Policy Institute, said some might not see the money until mid-summer.

“There’s going to have to be a way to collect their information, and that process could take a couple months,” Gould said.

What if the IRS doesn't have my current bank info for direct deposit?

The IRS is creating a web portal where users can check the status of their stimulus payments. It will launch this week. The site will also have a feature to enter your bank account information if the IRS doesn’t already have it from a 2018 or 2019 refund. The IRS expects this to launch this tool by Friday, April 17.

Stimulus check tracker

The coming IRS web portal will also let users check the status of their stimulus payments. The IRS expects this to launch by Friday, April 17.

Sunshinekat1
Returning Member

UPDATE...If you did not receive your stimulus money on your turbo card...go to the irs site and select get my payment, enter the information...chances are your account was flagged and they need more information. You can enter information of where you want it to be deposited at this time. The get my refund tracker was launched as of 7am this morning!

Sunshinekat1
Returning Member

Check back daily as they will post when you can expect your payment. 

I keep going on get my payment .. they keep saying my info is incorrect .. it’s not 

It’s not working for me

If you have not received your stimulus payment, please go on the IRS website and check the status of your payment. Not all turbo tax users deposit information was given to the IRS by Turbo Tax.

The statement above is incorrect. I am a turbo visa card holder. I have filed and received my refund from both 2018 and 2019 taxes on my turbo tax card. Today 4/15/2020 I open the app to see there is NO stimulus deposited to my card. I went on to the IRS website to check my stimulus payment just to find out they do not have direct deposit information on file to distribute my stimulus. This is my last year using turbo tax. Once my deposit is posted I'm done using the card or the app. This could have easily been avoided if they would have let people know to change their information before the government started issuing stimulus payment. This is unacceptable on all levels for me. 

Same thing happened to me. I’ve been searching and waiting for an answer of whether or not I needed to update my bank info to get the stimulus money today. Never heard a word about whether it would go on the turbo tax card, where I received my refund, or not. Lo and behold today there was no money on my card or in my personal bank account. 
I did opt for the refund advance back in January and that might be a cause for not getting it. 
But that is super irritating because we are down to our last hundred dollars, and have been waiting for three weeks for unemployment money to come through which hasn’t, and now we have to wait for the stimulus money as well because we never found out if we needed to change our bank info or not. It was a mistake getting this turbo card. 😡

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies