turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where’s my federal refund?

Total BS that we are waiting on federal tax returns, especially those who have done right and always abide by the tax laws and don’t cheat the system. Federal Tax returns taking forever but  folks willing quitting their jobs to get unemployment are receiving money on time. The back logged excuse is garbage as they pump out stimulus payments like the air we breath but can’t just attach what they owe us to that payment….total BS. Oh boy!!!! then turbo tax adjust our refund amount (as most use the federal to pay for the services) to cover what we owe them but I’m wondering when our federal returns will they still try to take that money we already agree to be allocated???? Well I know my  sibling filed in late March (22nd) and got the federal return  two weeks later 🙃….TurboTax you could have waited to collect like we are waiting but trust you definitely lost customers.

I filed my refund and it was accepted on Feb 21, 2021 and it was accepted. I have yet to receive this refund 

@Nikkifaia7 wrote:

I filed my refund and it was accepted on Feb 21, 2021 and it was accepted. I have yet to receive this refund 

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund. 

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

My taxes were filed and accepted on February 14, 2021. To date I have not received my refund. However, yesterday I received a letter asking me to verify my identity. I followed instructions for doing so and was subsequently advised that it might take 9 more weeks to process my return. Wonder if they will pay interest for being so late in processing (haha -- I must be dreaming !!).

Unfortunately, Congress keeps piling more tasks on the IRS without any additional funding to fulfil them. Also see:

Tax refund delays could continue as backlog of tax returns is growing, tax advoicate says - CBS News

Why Your IRS Refund Is Late This Year – Forbes Advisor

We have been waiting since Feb. 11th when it was accepted by IRS. Still pending.

Seems they should wait to get paid since we had been waiting for months for us to get paid. By rights they should wait.

I am not sure that people are blaming anyone that got unemployment. I myself, being 67, was able to get unemployment. It was due to the last stimulus bill that put a huge delay in refunds. If you got more than the guideline income on unemployment then, what I understand. your tax you paid on unemployment won't be forgotten.

Still waiting on ours as well. Been since Feb. 11th.

Well we filed about the same time and it's still saying it's pending. It's unbelievable cause it's been over 2 months now. Going on 3 months.

It's not turbo's fault Folks. It's due to many issues with the IRS and the stimulus last package. SO STOP Blaming turbo, PLEASE. It wouldn't matter if you choose another service or not it will be the same.

This isn’t true for everyone I have been in contact with the irs and there is an error on my return and has been sitting in the error department since March 4th! Now turbo wants to charge me 315.00 on the 21st of May like I have an extra 315 bucks laying around they need to make good on their promise if there are errors on a return I bought into all the extras they have so that there are no errors and no worries just as all things they haven’t kept their word!

My forms were sent to the IRS on 4/24/21. 

Nothing from the IRS in my bank account.

Wheres my refund ?

Charles Garbarino

Cathy Mccary
Returning Member

I paid turbo for doing my taxes has it been sent to the irs yet

Nope, not taking calls!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies