Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When I try to finish my taxes this is what I get: Something changed in your return You'll need to choose your refund method again.

I followed the directions and it still did not work!

When I try to finish my taxes this is what I get: Something changed in your return You'll need to choose your refund method again.

@HeatherPLO    Your imbedded link in the answer is bad. 

Start by checking your username in your intuit account. Mines displayed I need to "change my refund method" for over a week.

I went to intuit and noticed a message by my "user id"  that "my user id did not match my email" and to update it.

After I updated it I logged out. Then logged back in and it allowed me to file.

I see everyone has been getting it to go through differently. This worked for me!

So was the problem that you could not even file your return?  Because most of us have not had a problem filing our return, just getting the advance....

I have done all steps advises DOES NOT WORK!!! Done everything 100 times over and DOES NOT WORK! Just like every other person, I AM TAKING MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE AND WILL NEVER EVER USE TURBO TAX AGAIN NOR WILL I RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE ELSE, I WILL ADVISE ANYONE AGAINST IT!! TURBO TAX JUST NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN! Even if I don’t get the refund advance, I am afraid to even file with them considering all issues they are currently having! If they can’t verify my personal info, how do I know they won’t submit something along with my return to the IRS AND I WONT BE ABLE TO GET IT FROM THEM EITHER! Been there done that and it took me 4 1/2 years to get all the returns and was a nightmare! So else where I will go! This is **bleep**!!!! 

Rgm4575
Returning Member

Hello

Pick a different email to use. Change on turbo and credit karma. Use this same email as your user name on turbo. Make sure their spelled exactly the same even upper and lower case need to be the same.  Make sure you verify email on both accounts. Go on your computer and unlink accounts on Turbo and on Credit karma. This worked for me yesterday.

Rgm4575
Returning Member

Read my response. 

It worked for me yesterday

So, this is good information for someone whom has not already completed their return. But for the hundreds of us that have it's too late. 

All your advice did was mess up my account! Now I have unlinked the credit karma from turbotax and can not re-link them too even get my return. This offer from credo karma is a nightmare! You give false advertising for tax advance then get people locked in with receiving their refunds with your bogus app and accounts! 
for anyone considering this for tax advance, don’t do it!

yea, it's a BIG BIG joke. 

I think it is very poorly designed in the software.  Lots of us are now not able to get the refund advance due to poor set up. 

I was just trying to file I went with a different company 

I'm afraid this will also be my last year using TT. 

I figured mine out!!!! 

first make sure that your credit karma and intuit emails are the same. I changed and verified both of mine. Then, make sure you are signed into turbo tax using said email, not your username. I even went on my husband’s computer so that I could put in my email and password (not auto save) 

These that didn't work for me and like a million other people. My email address has been the same on my Intuit account and my TurboTax account and Credit Karma account this entire time it has been the same email address that I signed up with years ago with TurboTax when I started doing my taxes with him and it's telling me they can't verify my identity and Credit Karma is not offering any kind of recourse or not accepting valid identification social security card birth certificate or any other form of identification I've offered them this is ridiculous what the hell good is TurboTax paying for 300 $400 worth of protection on taxes I can't even file because they're stupid identity verification won't verify me

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies