Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dwhall20

What should I do if I didn't receive a Statement A with my K-1?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Contac the individual or firm responsible for preparing the entity's income tax return.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Statement A contains information to calculate the Qualified Business Income Deduction.  If you have entries in Box 20 of a partnership K-1 with Code Z or Box 17V for an S-Corp K-1, you will have to figure out where to enter the information on the screen We need some information about your 199A income.  Most of it will flow right from the K-1 -- perhaps the entity who issued the K-1 felt no additional explanation was needed.

dwhall20

I reached out and they don't have a statement A to provide. Where TT asks for info from the statement A do I just put in the amount from box 20Z? Also, when filling out the k-1 questions there is a section for entering the sale information, isn't this info already captured in my 1099-B?

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Your partnership income may qualify for the Qualified Business Income Deduction.  The Qualified Business Income Deduction was created by the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) and is in effect for tax years 2018 through 2025.

See this TurboTax Help.  Follow these directions to report 199A income from your partnership K-1.

Assuming the K-1 reports box 1 income, at the screen Enter Box 20 info, you likely need to select code Z Section 199A informationCode Z tells the software that qualified business income information needs to be entered at the screen We need some information about your 199A income.  Select Code Z and enter $0 or the value from box 1.  Click Continue.

At the screen We need some information about your 199A income, you may only have the box 1 income but others will have the following information: 

• Ordinary business income (loss) from this business,
  • W-2 wages for this business, and
  • UBI of qualified property for this business. 

At the screen We need some information about your 199-A income, enter the values that you have even if is is only the box 1 information.  You hope to reach the screen Great news!  You get a tax break.

What box or section of the K-1 reports sales information reported on the 1099-B?  Please clarify.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies