Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What's taking my refund so long? I have code 1541 on IRS site.

Hey everyone! I didn’t receive an update either. I did just got off the phone with the tax advocate line. They approved me for an tax advocate. So i will let you all know what happened

@Ss4911 what will a tax advocate do for you. Will u get ur money quicker? And what number do u call

The tax advocate works directly with the irs to try to release your money faster. You have to let them know your in a hardship. I told them that my car was breaking down and I can’t afford repair cost. The number is 877 777. 4778. It’s a process. First you have to talk to customer service and after they transfer you to intake. To speak with intake it’s almost a 3 hour wait. Then intake will schedule for a tax advocate

Well still no update on my end. Anyone else get anything

Nope nothing so far. This crap sucks.lol

Yes it does and getting old. They need to get us our money. Not our fault they shutdown and are behind

Or at least tell us where it is and what is going on. I havent even gotten my state and have no idea why

I got my state weeks ago. What state do u live in dogfan123.

Filed 01/27
Accepted 01/28
1541 delay 02/15
03/01 accepted and being processed
I was told my refund is on the 45 day review as of March 4th but I checked on 03/01 out of curiosity and my status changed from being delayed to accepted and being processed. I keep putting my hopes up for another status change and a refund date but nothing so far 😓

Kentucky

Same here @Ash1729 went to accepted to delayed for weeks with that code and was told a letter was sent on the 21st that I still haven’t gotten and went back to being processing and has been their for a week now

On February 15, 2019 when I receive the delay message I called the IRS the following Tuesday because it was presidents day and they were closed so when I spoke to a IRS agent they told me that I may or may not receive a letter explaining what to do or if they needed any info for me but at the time that I called there was no action for me to take and that was the same response that I got pretty much every week That I called. When I had the delayed message I was able to get connected to an irs agent. But now that it’s been excepted and processing it doesn’t automatically connect me to and IRS agent

Mine did the exact same but was told they haven’t received my w2 from an employer and it’s been the same thing and that I may or may not get a letter. Then I called last Wednesday and was told a letter was sent on the 21st. She even told me what the letter said that it was in a 45day review due to missing a w2 from the employer still. I called the employer and went their and they showed certified prof it was delivered. And the letter stated that it was in review and no action is needed from me

U might need to look it up on ur states website or call ur states department of treasury

It’s very frustrating and just like everyone else I need my return and sadly I depend on it every year and I’ve never had problems before. Every time I spoke to a irs agent they didn’t have a reason why my return was under a 45 day review they just said keep an eye out for a possible letter being mailed to me and follow any instructions immediately. They didn’t even know if I would receive a letter.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies