turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

coppens1
Returning Member

What is Error 190. I have a Turbo 1040 file created on another computer. When I access it, I get Error 190. What is Error 190? Also the prompt asks download st forms?

Prompt asks to download state forms which I don't want.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

What is Error 190. I have a Turbo 1040 file created on another computer. When I access it, I get Error 190. What is Error 190? Also the prompt asks download st forms?

If your ,tax2019 File has any state returns in it you need to first download the state program.

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW TAX RETURN)

Then go to FILE -Open and find your return.

See error 190

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/error-190-when-opening-file-in-turbot...

coppens1
Returning Member

Problem Solved, Thank you.  JC

dougquist
Returning Member

I prepared my return in 2018 with TurboTax including my Idaho return.  I tried to open my copy of the file after doing an update, since it has been ages since I used TurboTax 2018.  After the software update and I clicked to open my return, it said I needed to download the state (error 190), it says

"Hmm...it looks like we've hit a slight snag"
Try Again?

This is a loop.  How do I get into look at my Federal return?

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to File-New Tax Return).

Then go to FILE -Open and find your return.

But you may not be able to update 2018 or download the state program now.  You might need to get a copy from the IRS.   OR you could try the TaxPrinter service to convert a .tax file to pdf at

http://www.taxprinter.com

They might be expensive and it is probably not safe to email tax returns back and forth.  They are not related to Turbo Tax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies