Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

If you don't receive your second stimulus payment by the time you file your tax return, you can make an adjustment on your 2020 tax return for stimulus payments you qualify for, but have not received. 

To do this in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. Enter the information in your return.
  2. Click Federal Review at the top of your screen. 
  3. On the screen, Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
  4. You will be asked about the amounts of first round and second round stimulus payments you received
  5. TurboTax will then calculate the amount of stimulus payment remaining that you are still entitled to.  This will show as a credit on line 30 of the 1040.

For additional information, please see the following articles on the IRS website:

The IRS will have to provide you with information on your 2019 tax return.  To contact the IRS, please review the steps and information below:

IRS Support Number: (800) 829-1040

To reach a live agent at the IRS support number, follow these steps:

1.      Select your preferred language.

2.      Press 2 for “Personal Income Tax”

3.      Press 1 for “Form, Tax History, or Payment”

4.      Press 3 for “All Other Questions”

5.      Press 2 for “All Other Questions”

6.      Do not enter your SSN or EIN. It will ask you twice; do not enter anything.

7.      Press 2 for “Personal or Individual Tax Questions”

They are available Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

@Blessednurse

123sal

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

OK I need to no if you filed it yet

@123sal  If what was filed?  Your 2019 or 2020 tax return?  Only you can file your tax return.  

Did you go all the way through the File tab, through the 3 steps and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button?

You might be able to check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  What does it say?

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Your return was probably accepted which means that the IRS has received your tax return for processing and you are now just waiting for it to be approved. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval. Once approved, you may track any anticipated refund here: Where is my refund?

Refund accepted - what happens next?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I filed Feb.10 2020

Yes I did file it and it was received and for longest time said being processed then fir a month or so it says info doesn’t match 

It means thinks are f****ed up!. Turbo tax sent me message back in middle of january saying my stimulus sh*t will ne messed up if I dont log in and specify a different bank account. My bank account was closed 8 months ago when it couldnt wait to deduct their payment from my refund which finally came at the end of july2020.  So the only option on their site was to add a new bank account which I didnt have.  And to claim it on line 30 on this yrs refund.

Back to being prosecuted. I still get that message after the irs finally decided to get me my stimulus.  Well I get a letter from irs saying they put it in, guess what?, my closed bank account. And my fedund will be shorred by 600 dollars. Stupid censored holes.  So even though they play around I still have the same message.  Not enough info to process stimulus refund. I made the mistake twice going through turbo tax.  Never again!

Yes February 12th 

Da48

Wish they would refund us knowing they did not provide the service paid for 😒

My tax return also still in progress mode

I still haven't received the rest of my refund from last year.  It was suppose to be released this month but we are running out of this month!

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@nayaxo It just means that the IRS has not yet approved your refund; once they do, then you will receive an estimated refund date and will be able to track your refund here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@terry-kimball  wrote:

I still haven't received the rest of my refund from last year.  It was suppose to be released this month but we are running out of this month!

The rest of the refund???  What does that mean?

Are you referring to an original 2019 return, or did you also file an amended 2019 return?

This is a public Internet forum so don't post any personal info.

We can tell you how to phone a live IRS agent or the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service for assistance, if needed.

I still haven’t received my 2019 tax refund, just mailed in my 2020 a week or so ago.  Now it gets crazy because I’m looking up 2 different refund amounts and both say information doesn’t match.  And...this is preventing me from getting my stimulus check.  So freaking stressed out

I need that number please!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies