Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Ritasl
Returning Member

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

What if I haven’t gotten my federal return yet

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

@Ritasl  me too I filled on feb23!! still waiting IRS to answer my phone call,

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Electronic returns are being processed and it is the paper returns (or returns under review) that are on hold.  However, if your return is ''still being processed'' and shows Topic 152, they are reviewing something on your return which has to be done manually.

Unfortunately, the IRS is the only one that knows the status of your return, and they have temporarily suspended the processing of paper-filed and manually reviewed tax returns.  You will need to contact them when they resume operations which will hopefully be soon. 

To protect the public and employees, and in compliance with orders of local health authorities around the country, certain IRS services such as live assistance on telephones, processing paper tax returns and responding to correspondence are extremely limited or suspended until further notice. All Taxpayer Assistance Centers remain temporarily closed as are many volunteer tax preparation sites until further notice.  

Keep checking the site; it is updated daily.   @john70776

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Lanojonez32
Returning Member

Same here I haven’t gotten my taxes or my stimulus yet

The irs are accepted calls [phone number removed]

Correct!!! They are excepting phone calls. I just got off the phone with them after holding 1 hour and 13 mins. Now here's my question... If they processed an adjustment yesterday, why is it going to take 4-6 weeks for my refund to be DD into my account??? See the attached screenshot for the correct number to dial.  Don't make any selections when asked to choose a language, then when it asks for an extension dial six five two. 

Screenshot_2020-05-19-14-00-44.png

I have been calling that number for weeks!! You can only get automated answers. Not a live person!!! I need to speak with a live person. I want my refund money. They were accepted feb 13. This is going on June... 

Did you get through?

My stimulus and state refund. No federal though

Thanks, Ive tried that too. Then automation comes on and says  due to high call volume at this time we cant help with your issue. 

I filed my income tax return on March 13,2020 I received the IRS accepted my returned. I have been checking on the IRs website and all I get is still processing how long does it take to process my refund I received my state refund but no refund federal or stimulus payment please help me with this. Does anyone know how to get in touch with a real person on the stimulus phone number

Exactly how long did you end up waitin?

Me waiting on hold right now... this is some bull**bleep**. 

41FA1A55-825A-4835-8F1B-34B399F4384A.png

Katc2830
Returning Member

My husband and I had no choice but to file a paper return. I mailed it March 21,2020 and USPS delivered it on March 23rd. There hasn't been any status updates. I called the IRS and got a live human! I called the same number and pressed options 1,2,2,1. I held for 30 mins. I hope that helps someone else who may need a live agent!

I thought I was in until I got a recording that due to extremely high call volume they are unable to help me and to try back later or tomorrow. THIS IS INSANE#!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies