turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I hope and Pray my money come soon

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

When did you talk to someone cause I can't get through to know one this is crazy I need my taxes how I get my stimulus before my taxes that I filed in feb had to send another form in and said it could take up to 8 weeks it's well over 8 weeks wheres my money this is ridiculous 

IF the IRS was operating and there was someone to talk to, that would be ideal. I filed 2/17, was accepted 2/18, received a letter from the IRS on 3/13 requesting 2 completed forms be faxed to them (I have the fax confirmation proving the transmission was complete, without errors). Yet, my return is "still processing. A refund date will be provided when available." I've had calls with 3 different CPA's at Turbo Tax and they could not help me, I requested a call with a rep about the $240 additional "peace of mind services" I spent and asked them if they would please defer the auto debiting. I am very happy to report that TURBO TAX COMPLIED.  I haven't received my stimulus check either because my 2019 & 2018 haven't been processed, which makes no sense.  I'm either eligible or I"m not. The amount of my tax refund is irrelevant Once the IRS determines your eligibility, you're either getting a stim check or you're not. There is no gray area.  I finally contacted the locate tax advocacy office in South Florida via fax. I've left 3 voicemail messages and have yet to get a call back from them. 

It's all a joke. You can't talk to anyone. They change their reason everyday. What about social security and disability people. We should of been first

What number did you call where you got to speak to someone?

@Hensleyc what phone number did you call? I have been trying and can only reach the automated where’s my refund prompt. 

The 800.       829.           1040.  When you call them go through the prompts press 1 for English when it ask you about what you're calling about hit number to about your personal taxes and then hit number three when it ask for the other prompts and then you'll be sittingfor a bit, but at least it waiting

We filed electronically on Feb/07/2020 and was accepted next day, we received our CA state refund ten days later and our Federal status changed to "being processed" then on March/09/2020 we received a letter from IRS stating that they need 60 days to process our refund, May/09/2020 our 60 days was up and NOTHING happen to our status!!!!!(we received our stimulus payment on April)I have been trying to call them for a week now and trying to reach "refund department" with no luck! (I followed Turbo Tax step by step on how to reach live agent), until today I called the same number BUT I chose the option "If you owe money to IRS😎" and FYI we don't owe money to IRS but to my surprise it's STAFFED!!!!!So after waiting 90 minutes on hold and being emotionally traumatized by listening to repeated messages stating "if you owe money blah blah blah..." a very nice lady answered and said" they are working from home, and refund department is closed and IRS is planning on training people to work from home for the refund department!!!" she also couldn't help me because she said" each department has their own special training and she doesn't have access to other departments nor is trained for it!!" 

She also said there is a strong possibility for another 60 days waiting period due to backup!!!! 

I'm completely speechless and stunned😲

Can I just express my complete and utter gratitude for you for saving me from having to wait on hold for an hour just to be told that they can't help. Thank you so much kind stranger. 

Yes, This would be me as well. Exactly as you said. Everything!!! Mine was accepted Feb. 14 and I got the same message about being selected to have my taxes looked at further. I've given them everything they've asked for.

🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️ and I'm not very happy about any of this. However, I did receive my 1200.00 stimulus check in my closed checking acct. From last year's taxes. It just so happened that I called my bank on the morning after and the check was in the warehouse getting ready to be sent back to the IRS. Thankfully, I have a savings acct. still with this same bank and they rolled it over into my savings. I, then had to drive 90 miles back to get my money out of my savings acct. I did my taxes through H&R Block, so the IRS has the routing number and account number of my refund going to H&R Block, who will take out their 60.00 then put it on my Emerald card through H&R Block. Never, have I had so much trouble and worry about wondering where my money is going ... 

Can you please share that number? I filed on 2/17, accepted on 2/18 and have been sitting in the same status for 11 weeks? I'd like to hear that refunds are not being processed by the IRS directly. Thank you

I still haven't received any kind of payment... I was self employed and still haven't been able to start back working... This makes no sense at all??? It just says Payment not available and my taxes were filed April 12th

"Call the IRS: [phone number removed] hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 4 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent." 

This is Turbo Tax instruction on how to reach live agent, BUT on the second menu I pressed 1 for "If you owe money to IRS" instead of 4 and again 1 for "Setting up account to make payment". 

Good Luck!

I'm trying to post the number for you but Turbo Tax keeps removing it!!!!  

Any ways go back on previous pages and you will see Turbo Tax instruction on how to reach live agent, follow the instruction Except on the second menu instead of option four choose option one for" If you owe money to IRS" then choose option one again for "setting up account to make payment" and wait to be connected to live agent. 

Good Luck!!!!         

One. Eight hundred. Eight Two Nine. Ten Forty.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies