Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

sy5

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I didn't receive $500. For my dependant. When will I receive that ?

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

What the hell is going on with the IRS this year? Having to look at "still processing" for months after the return has been accepted is ridiculous. All the website says is that most electronic returns are processed withing 21 days. I understand that paper returns are backlogged due to the epidemic this year, but if there is a delay in processing e-file returns I wish they would just come out and say so. 

Deh72518

Call the tax franchise board or look up the tax franchise board in your area so you can send your info via fax I filed in jan was audited in feb & just found out 2 weeks ago thats why i havent received my state but you'll need the cover letter they sent you when you fax it

Me too. Mine was accepted Jan31 both state n federal. My refund date was Feb 22 and i still havent received either one. Says still being processed. I didnt get my stimulus. Turbo tax is still charging me 69$ and i only knew abt 29$ 

@Cruzlife83 wrote:

Me too. Mine was accepted Jan31 both state n federal. My refund date was Feb 22 and i still havent received either one. Says still being processed. I didnt get my stimulus. Turbo tax is still charging me 69$ and i only knew abt 29$ 

It sounds like you used PLUS at 29.99 and chose to pay that fee out of your Federal refund.  That payment method has an additional $40 service fee ($45 for California filers.)

Has TurboTax started emailing you bills and saying they will debit your bank/card account if not paid?   If so, see the FAQ below, which in its first paragraph has a special phone number where you can ask for a deferment, if needed, if you act timely.

FAQ:  Why was my bank account auto-debited for the TurboTax fees?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

It's not as common to have not received both your Federal and state refunds, so make sure they were indeed successfully filed.  If you used Online TurboTax, log in and at the Tax Home make sure it says there that both were accepted.

As for finding out the reason for your delay, the regular IRS live call centers are closed, but the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service is still taking phone calls in most states.   You can try phoning them to see if they can tell you anything about your Federal situation.

At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your area's IRS Taxpayer Advocate.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

FAQ:  How do I track my state refund?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

FAQ:  How do I contact my state Department of Revenue?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

I am sorry for your hardship but thank you for the comments because I dont file so I dont know anything so with this being said thank you for your feed back and posting because I am learning a lot and from what I have seen it seems like anyone in the tax perpare business all need a upgrade lol sorry ofd topic but just wanted to say thank you and to everyone on here thank you and be safe and god bless you to all 

Hello I too am feeling hopeless. I never received rived a EIP.

I'm having the same problems and I'm very dissatisfied with Turbo Tax.I will not be using them next year.

i called them at 7am this morning she said I'm sorry but your going to have to keep sitting for stimlus and tax refund been waiting since Jan for tax refund and since March 15th for stimlus with no explanation.  when they want there money it don't take them 4 months or longer to get it

I feel the same way. No stimulus check. Refund still processing. Yup won't see it and nobody cares. 

I Just really wanted know why my Refund is still saying still being processed. SMH.. I filed my Refund around the beginning of February and around the 21 i received a letter saying that they needed to do a verification on my Refund. The IRS said in the letter they needed 60 days and i didn't have to do anything else at this time. Please allow up to 60 days. I haven't received any other letter in between those 60 days as requested by the IRS. My 60 day was up on April 13..  I sent a letter along with a copy of the letter that they have sent me.. Now it's 92 days in counting No letters No Reund No Stimulus check. How could this happen When a Top Tax preparator did my Taxes.. The IRS is still not taking any calls.. I need some help to how can i get in touch with The IRS Verification Department... SMH..

I still have not received my refund yet

Letter received and mailed out in January it will be more than 60 days. Just saying dont get your Hope's up.  They have had my info for 12 weeks and still no update. Once they reopen I see massive disarray. Lost paperwork will be my fear stating again to resend due to the trailer loads of mail they have to go thru.

Rome 28

Alot of tax scams has been done thru TurboTax  the IRS is taken  longer for people who filed thru turbo tax and delaying  tax returns..just don't use TurboTax  

I’ve been waiting since March!! When will we get our money????!!!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies