Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I efiled and was accepted on 3/19 as well and getting "Still Being Processed" message.  I have such a simple tax return and just baffled as to why it's not done.  I haven't received a letter or request for information.  Are they even reviewing these?  This is holding up my stimulus payment also if it doesn't get processed how will they have my information? I didn't have to file in 2018.  Anybody find any feedback on this situation because I can't find anything.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I know for a fact it doesn't hold up the stimulus. How do I know? I have the exact same situation (submitted 3/3 and still waiting). However, I did get stimulus, and it took into account that I have five kids (two of which I didn't have last year).

What bothers me most is that if the situation were reversed and I owed them money, they'd be Johhny-on-the-spot with harassing phone calls, wage garnishments, etc.

jegan22280

Thank your for replying.  Did you file taxes for 2018?  If so they would have your information.  I didn't have to file last year.  If you didn't was a check mailed to you?

I did for both 2018 and 2019. They used my info from 2019 for the stimulus though which was different (i adopted two kids this year), so I'm confident that the IRS at least looked at my taxes or they would have sent a smaller amount.

for people who didn't file their 2018 taxes for whatever reason & are waiting for their 2019 taxes to be completed it does hold up the stimulus payment. I've been waiting since 3/21 for my taxed to be completed.

OK. A good friend of mine just called me to inform me he received a stimulus check in the mail today.  He filed his 2019 taxes on 02/08/20 and his refund is "still processing".  He didn't file taxes last year.  So I have to assume they are looking at them and maybe working there way through the system.  Its just frustrating because you can't get any answers.

Yes I don't understand why my taxes or stimulus hasn't hit my turbo card yet...my taxes was accepted March ,13.   I'm sure I did all of my taxes right...I am out of a job that I just got hired so I can't file for unemployment..child support  is down because his out of a job as well .. I'm sleeping on a friend's couch with other kids in the house.. no peace at all and my two year old behavior is  starting to get worse... I'm relying on this money to put my first month and last months down...and have a house full of nice things.  Please help me understand what is going on here....

I'm wondering if someone should notify the news stations? This hold up on processing our federal income taxes is really hurting us all financially.

I understand Max. Like I said I filed 3/23/20, filed last year same status, I got legally separated but nothing else changed. I have received my state taxes and my stimulus but not the tax refund. No letter about reviewing or anything. Nothing. My ex received his state and federal and stimulus. Go figure.  It’s aggravating bc there’s no one to talk to and for a month all I get is “still processing” messages. Heck at this point give me a date two months out. Just a date! 

Accepted 3-10. Same thing. No changes since my initial post. Received stimulus thankfully. The other day, I received a letter from the IRS. I thought it was about my refund but it was just to tell me that they had deposited my stimulus check. I knew that two weeks ago. 

Yes, it's frustrating to see nothing about this in the news. The official word is that they are "still processing refunds." Could have fooled me.

Does anyone have a Twitter account that they can message the president,  the news, or anyone?!!!!

Update: I got news today from IRS.gov that my refund will be deposited May 1. that's exactly 60 days after I filed. This may not apply to all situations, but this is what I've experienced. We have no other option than patience in this environment.

@jegan22280 thanks for letting us know! Hopefully we all will receive some good news soon. 

Thanks for updating your situation that is encouraging.  If anyone else on this thread also gets some good news  like yours finally got processed. Let us know.  Maybe it working it way down the calendar.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies